Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Horizontal Gridlines Become A Solid?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
inventabuild
510 Views, 5 Replies

Can Horizontal Gridlines Become A Solid?

I would like to make the horizontal grid lines on the two walls (Extrusion 15 + Rectangular Pattern 7) and (Extrusion 17 + Rectagular Pattern 😎 into solids that I can export as stls.  The table top (Extrusion 1) has a checkered grid pattern that I was able to boolean cut into the table top and thicken into a solid (Thicken 1); however the horizontal grid lines on the walls are not connected to each other like a checkered pattern so when I try the thicken trick on them I get what looks like wood side panels on a house instead of the grid lines.

Please advise.  Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rdyson
in reply to: inventabuild

Simply share sketch22 (& sketch 26), extrude as new solid and pattern.
I'm not sure what your intent is, but you seem to be doing way too much work.
Also you have interference between extrusion9 and extrusion10

PDSU 2016
Message 3 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: rdyson

@rdyson wrote:

I'm not sure what your intent is, but you seem to be doing way too much work.

I'm with rdyson on that one..

I have no idea what you are really modeling in real life (maybe take a picture so we might suggest proper modeling techniques) but IMO.. "thicken/combine",etc.. shouldn't need to come into play for something like that.

Nor would I ever model what should so clearly be an "assembly" as a single part. 

I always say something along the lines of .... "Inventor should follow your real world practices/processes"..

A table leg is a single part in the real world that is assembled to a table base (again a single part)..

Follow the real world and Inventor is cabable of just about anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 6
inventabuild
in reply to: rdyson

Thank you, the sketch shares, etc worked.  How could you tell their was interference between extrusions 9 and 10?

Message 5 of 6
inventabuild
in reply to: mcgyvr

Well, I guess I was kind of sketching it out as I went in Part because I am most familiar with that aspect of the software.  Are you aware of any good video series?

Message 6 of 6
inventabuild
in reply to: inventabuild

Good ole' YouTube was a big help...using Assembly a lot more.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report