Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating the weight of a part?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
billjenkins
521 Views, 4 Replies

Calculating the weight of a part?

I would like to find the actual weight of a part in pounds.

I have attached one of the parts I would like to know the total pounds or ounces for.  I’m using a specific material that I set in the Physical tab of iProperties.

Version = Inventor Pro 2009

Thank You,

Bill J.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: billjenkins

look at the "physical" tab of the iproperties..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
billjenkins
in reply to: mcgyvr

I see 4.184 lbmass (Rela listed in the Mass Window under General Properties located in the Physical tab. Does this mean the part has a weight of 4.184 pounds?

I hope it’s this easy.

Thanks,

Bill

Message 4 of 5
GSE_Dan_A
in reply to: billjenkins

Good afternoon Bill,

Yes it really is that easy!  Ensure your material/ density is correct and the value given in the Mass box is correct!  You may need to hit Update if you have made any changes to the part.

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 5 of 5
billjenkins
in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

Thanks to all. This is really helpful and so easy. I try to figure stuff out but there have been several times that I would have been stuck without the assistance I’ve received here.

I do have another question regarding setting up the desired accuracy but I’ll ask about that in a new message.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report