Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CADKEY to Inventor Migration

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
688 Views, 6 Replies

CADKEY to Inventor Migration

Our company was using CADKEY for a long time. Now we started to use Inventor. Is there a way to convert a CADKEY file to a Inventor/AutoCAD file?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

never used CADKEY but.. If its a 3d file can't you just export as a stp or iges and open that in Inventor?

Frankly I think the best workflow when you have moved to a totally different cad program is to leave files in the old program and ONLY convert to the new program if required. I also think that many times it is just as fast to remodel the parts from scratch in the new program.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

CADKEY is 2D,  it doesn't have a 3D option (at least not for us). So the STP and IGES file won't work. Anyways, thanks for your time.

Message 4 of 7
mrattray

You're better off just redrawing everything.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: mrattray

how about dxf export?

Or better..what can it export?

can't it export to dwg?

The big question is really why? Do you have parts in cadkey that you intend to use in Inventor models. If so just remodel from scratch when you need them. Its the best method. really it is.

oh and by the way if you have Inventor use it.. Autocad should be rarely use if at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks for the responses. How about migrating CADKEY to AutoCAD 2D?

Message 7 of 7
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the responses. How about migrating CADKEY to AutoCAD 2D?

WHAT FORMATS CAN IT EXPORT? OR SAVE AS?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report