Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Harness Rendered View

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
3080 Views, 15 Replies

Cable Harness Rendered View

Hi guys,

I have a bit of problem that've been cracking my head. I create a wires, segments using cable harness environments in Inventor. After I created those, I want to see rendered image, but only centerlines appears. I have already change the harness settings into real image(rendered) but still centerlines appears. 

Weird thing is that I create other assembly, it all works perfectly. But I cannot recreate my design, it is already so much work. To any guys that can figure out, thank you very much.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

edit each harness and turn on "rendered display" in the visibility section

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 16
twickam

I have seen this issue related to the bend radius on the cable/ harness being tighter than the bend radius in the styles.

What to look for:
If the harness assembly is using the same properties as the harnesses that do render, the issue is usually related to a tight radius at one or more of the vertices.
If it happens to the complete cable, the issue is related to a cable vertex.
If only one wire is not rendering, the issue will be a vertex on the wire.

Recommendation:
Go to each vertexand verify that there's not a pinch. If there is then more, add or delete to correct the bend.

Hopefully this helps.

Message 4 of 16
mcgyvr
in reply to: twickam

@Anonymous wrote:

I have seen this issue related to the bend radius on the cable/ harness being tighter than the bend radius in the styles.

What to look for:
If the harness assembly is using the same properties as the harnesses that do render, the issue is usually related to a tight radius at one or more of the vertices.
If it happens to the complete cable, the issue is related to a cable vertex.
If only one wire is not rendering, the issue will be a vertex on the wire.

Recommendation:
Go to each vertexand verify that there's not a pinch. If there is then more, add or delete to correct the bend.

Hopefully this helps.

yes.. if there is a bend radius violation it won't turn rendered when you turn it on.. BUT you should get a clear error message about that..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 5 of 16
twickam
in reply to: mcgyvr

Appreciate the additional input.

It's true the error will occur if the Harness is active and the "rendered display" command is run.
I was unsure the status of the design and if they had seen the error at any time.
Please understand that I'm simply trying to provide options to look at and possible solutions.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

I already check, and I,ve already turn on all the rendered view inside cable harness of sub-assembly.

For the "bend radius thing", I did not quite get what you mean. But the value for bend radius in Harness Settings, I leave it to blanks.

Message 7 of 16
mcgyvr

Check if you have a bend radius/sweep violation..

You can check by editing the harness, right click on a wire and select edit wire, then just cancel and try to turn on rendered view again in the harness edit mode (visiblity section) of the cable/harness toolbar.. 

Do you get an error like "The sweep operation failed for harness wire..." ?

Message 8 of 16
twickam
in reply to: mcgyvr

Always a good idea to verify at the cable assembly level.
If you don't get the error when the cable assembly is active, then it has to be tied to the properties in the cable assembly.

I know you said you made other cable assemblies without the issue and we're looking at all options.

Are you using the same harness style for all of the cables?
Is there a wire being used in that assembly that is not in the other cables?

Look to see if the wire names are different between the problem cable and a good cable.
Example RED, RED18, RED-18. These could be three wires with different properties for how they display.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

There are no error like "The sweep operation failed for harness wire..." 

Now, I delete all harness assembly at sub-assembly, and only create wires/segements at main assembly, but still same thing happened. It is very weird because this is the first time this happened and if I created other assembly, it works perfectly. I already update the service packs, and I'm starting to think my drawing have a problem. But it annoys me because I don't know what is the problem.

Thanks guys for all the helpful suggestions.  

Message 10 of 16
lesmfunk

Did you find a solution? I have same problem. No rendering with rendered display turned on at every level, yet no errors.

Message 11 of 16
mcgyvr
in reply to: lesmfunk

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you find a solution? I have same problem. No rendering with rendered display turned on at every level, yet no errors.

Can you post the files? or a sample assy that shows the issue?

Message 12 of 16
dccshazam

Did you find anything on this? Same issue for me.
Message 13 of 16
lesmfunk
in reply to: dccshazam

No I didn't find a solution. However, when I published the model, the dwf appeared correctly, so I just ignored the problem in the .iam model.

I think it's just a graphics issue.

Message 14 of 16
lesmfunk

Strangest solution I've ever seen.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

I accidentally click it. LOL.

As for me, I checked in my Representation>Level of Detail. There, pick Master.

Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

There are two ways of visualizing wires in Inventor - Surface model (by default) and solids. To change to solids, which I presume will fix your issue, activate the harness, right-click over the Harness (top-most item in the browser) and select harness settings. There in the General tab deselect "Use Surfaces for All Segments and Wires".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report