Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable & Harness disabled

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
barnadaniel
773 Views, 10 Replies

Cable & Harness disabled

Hello,

I believed I know how to put some wires into an assembly using Cable & Harness, but today I seem to be unable to do that. The Cable & Harness environment is disabled, as shown in the attached file. I simply can not figure out why and what to check. Any tips?

Thank you

Daniel

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
CCarreiras
in reply to: barnadaniel

Hi!

In tools --> Addins, check if the Cable &... is loaded, if not, load it to work.

1.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
cbenner
Message 4 of 11
barnadaniel
in reply to: cbenner

Yes, it is marked as Automatic/Loaded.
Message 5 of 11
blair

It appears that you have a IAM opened but your image is cropped off. System spec's would help, have you installed all the SP's and hot-fixes for your product.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 11
barnadaniel

Hello,

I have attached the version info. According to the Communication Center my product is up to date. 

The strange thing is that 1-2 months ago I could make a cable & harness assembly, and I have not touched anything since then (except maybe that I installed Comsol which came with an Inventor add-in). 

Daniel

Message 7 of 11
blair

Try logging in to your machine as a different user and see if it changes. Possibly a corrupt profile (different log-in will determine that) or Inventor needs to be re-registered.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 11
cbenner
in reply to: blair

Message 9 of 11
barnadaniel

here is a full screenshot. Thank you

Message 10 of 11
jmiastkowski

Has anyone found a solution to this?  I am having the exact same problem.  It seemed to happen right after a crash.  So far I have tried to repair the Inventor Professional 2014 installation and even reinstall the latest Service Pack Update.

Message 11 of 11
dfordoneza
in reply to: jmiastkowski

Try reinstalling the content library in the instalation wizard.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report