Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building an compressor in inventor, need drawings !

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
rickardwahlstrom
1434 Views, 16 Replies

Building an compressor in inventor, need drawings !

Hello!

I'm having a school project now and i was thinking of constructing an compressor, presumably "air",, but yes.
But the problem is that i need 2D drawings for it so i can build it in 3D and then make it move and so on ! 

It dont haft to be a compressor but i wanna construct something that will take around 80 hours. Something that is abit harder and that has an motion in it. couse it will be more fun to work with something that will have the ability to rotate.

So in my big need of help i'm asking you!

If anyone has either that kind of drawings or/and information and guidness to where i can find it for free, you will make my day!

I could make the drawings myself but dont know any messurements or its parts

Cheers! and i'll wait for you respone !

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

www.grabcad.com

Tons of 3d models... maybe start there

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 3 of 17

Thank you! Very good! Let's just hope i can get de drawings and messurments out from an model now!

Message 4 of 17
JDMather
in reply to: rickardwahlstrom

Most schools have a building called "The Library".

In that building there are these archives called "books".

My guess is that you could find one of these books that has what you need.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 17
blair
in reply to: JDMather

Or just grab your tape measure and calipers and go to either a CAT Rental store and measure away. Tell them what you are doing and they will help you out.

Reverse engineering is a great skill to learn, it will help you out down the road. Many times one gets called to build a part from scratch to replace a component that can't easily be acquired.

Digital camera and a ruler, place the ruler on the item and take a picture. Bring it into Autocad and scale the picture till the ruler is the proper length, instant drawing.

Or as with some of our competitors, their version of R & D stands for: Replicate & Duplicate.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 17
rickardwahlstrom
in reply to: blair

Yes, it is an great idéa !
But does anyone have or know any site where there is 2D drawings, with messures.

Message 7 of 17
blair

Do you really think that manufactures that spend a great deal of money on the design, engineering and building of products are going to readily publish dimensioned drawings on the web for everyone to use?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 17
JDMather

Go to the library.

Find a book on Technical Drafting.

Pick a project from the book that is within your modeling capabilities.  (forget the compressor)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 9 of 17

Hi rickardwahlstrom,

At the bottom of this link you'll see an UPDATE section that has a link to some Inventor Wizards projects that you might be interested in.

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/03/modeling-practice-drawings-for-inventor.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 10 of 17
mrattray

@Anonymous wrote:

Most schools have a building called "The Library".

In that building there are these archives called "books".

My guess is that you could find one of these books that has what you need.

What's the URL for that? I can't seem to find it on Google.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 11 of 17

Thank you Curtis for the links! I did add your page in my favorite list and will take a bigger look at it when i have time, i looked and found trainings drawings and tips about the program.

I have gone several courses so well i'm an amature but i can build everything from an 2D drawing and figure out how to use "mates" and so on so it will get an motion.

But i'm still in need of the drawings.

If i cant find any i'm thinking of making my own made from "unmeassured" 3D models, and presume what it could be like by how it looks... 

I was thinking that in that case this might be a start, http://grabcad.com/library/engine-v-twin-linear

Any idéas?

Message 12 of 17

Hi rickardwahlstrom,

The link I provided earlier has a link to the Inventor Wizards page that includes several *.zip file that contain fully detailed and dimensioned 2D drawings for several steam engine assemblies, very similar to the one at grabcad.

I've even included a direct link to the English translated page of the Inventor Wizards page, on my page.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 13 of 17
JDMather

@rickardwahlstrom wrote:

Thank you Curtis for the links!...But i'm still in need of the drawings.

Any idéas?

There were a whole bunch of complete project drawings at the link at the bottom of the page as Curtis indicated.

EESignature

Message 14 of 17

Wow man, That is pretty much all that i needed! And that is actually the real first drawing i stumbled upon today after hours of searching... i'll look into each one of them and see wich one who fits best for my project! And i'm pretty sure i will use one of them!
Thank you so much Curtis for your help, it's realy nice of you!

And if i choose one of them and stumble on any problem i hope that it will be okey if i could ask you for help once again. 

But still, Thanks for the help! 🙂

Message 15 of 17
rickardwahlstrom

Yes, i just missed it the first time and missjudged what he meant

Message 16 of 17
JDMather

Be sure to post back when you have any problems getting the assembly to work.

Looking forward to seeing your results - those projects look fun!

EESignature

Message 17 of 17
rickardwahlstrom

Yes, that will be the tricky thing! I won't hesitate, Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report