Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG IN BOM QUANTITY

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fabio.chiesa
611 Views, 5 Replies

BUG IN BOM QUANTITY

I replaced Qty in the bom with item-Qty because in all of libraries components (with standard Qty), the program writes the lenght in mm and not the number of instances.

But I found a bug:

If you use structured bom and open an assembly tree, then hide the assembly leaving visible only the parts. In all cases, (base-qty - unit-qty - qty) the program write the correct moltiplied value, but   with "item-Qty" these will not be multiplied by the correct amount.

what is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Fabio C.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ddgenifab
in reply to: fabio.chiesa

I have the same bug.

If you use ITEM QTY as a substitution along with "sum of value" it does'nt either

Message 3 of 6
fabio.chiesa
in reply to: ddgenifab

I tried to use ITEM QTY as a substitution along with "sum of value" but the problem persist.
Attached you can see the bug.
I added all the Qty values ( the first is Item Qty) and I used substitution along with "sum of value" in all the columns.
In first image you can see the bom without masking the assembly part; in the second image I hidden the assembly part.
Problem persist

How can I fix it

Thanks

Fabio C.

Message 4 of 6
ddgenifab

Sorry, I did'nt finish my phrase in my previous answer.

I have the exact same problem that I posted yesterday:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/BOM-Problems-with-QTY/td-p/3652228

The problem is that only Base QTY seem to multiply part Qty in a assembly when you hide the assembly in the BOM.  The ITEM QTE, as you note, does'nt multiply.

Searching on the forum, I see that there are only one solution to this problem.  Changing the setup of the parts coming from the content center: Tools - Document settings - Base Quantity --> change to "Standard Quantity: each"

If you don't want to change it every time you importing a part from the CC, you can republish a new family with those changes to your user library. 

But this is very long to do and you have to do this for every profiles of the library.  Also, you loose the advantage of using the lengtht eventually in a futur BOM.

There should be a simplier solution but I did'nt found it already.  Every body say to use the ITEM QTY but as you can see, it does'nt do the sum.

Can anybody help ?

Message 5 of 6
fabio.chiesa
in reply to: ddgenifab

Another solution is to switch  assembly to "phantom" like the attached picture.
In this case, "item-Qty" display the correct sum.
I tried to do this and seems work correctly.
Another thing, with this solution if you have more sub-assembly with same parts and you make phantom assemblies, the program combines parts in one.

Message 6 of 6
ddgenifab

I tested your solution and it worked great.  Best solution so far. 

The only thing left is that I have to rewrite the information of the assembly as a custom part in the BOM.

But still, it definitly help me out, thank you for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report