Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buckling Analysis Function?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
WAYNE_HOUWD
3266 Views, 3 Replies

Buckling Analysis Function?

I tried to find the buckling analysis from Inventor FEA but no clue. I searched here and found 1 related thread almost 4 years ago.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/How-to-get-the-buckling-effect/m-p/2386440#M323302

I am wondering if Autodesk has improved some on this particular analysis for these years ?

Best Regards,

Wayne

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Inv_kaos
in reply to: WAYNE_HOUWD

No not yet, still only static and modal.

Please mark as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stew, AICP
Inventor Professional 2013, Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013
Windows 7 x64 Core i7 32GB Ram FX2000
Message 3 of 4

I would like to see buckling analysis in inventor too and i am sure many others would as well, when is it likley to happen?  is it being worked on?

regards Adrian

Message 4 of 4
Rory_M
in reply to: WAYNE_HOUWD

Have you had a look at the column calculator? It does some buckling calcs but obviously is limited when compared to FEA techniques. It can't cope with anything other than straight extrusions either but it's better than nothing.

columntool.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report