Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bubble problem

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Thomas_Rawie
492 Views, 14 Replies

Bubble problem

When I use the bubble command and attach the bubble to the part the bubble is twice to three times as big as it should be.  How do I fix it?  (it is only on one part that this happens on)

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
mcgyvr
in reply to: Thomas_Rawie

Are you talking about a "balloon" ?

Have you tried to edit the balloon style and see if some setting like "scale to text height" has been unchecked or something?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 15
cbenner
Message 4 of 15

Hi Thomas_Rawie,

What data is displayed in the balloon? If it's a part number or description, check to see if there are extra spaces in the iProperties for that field. If it's an item number that displaying wrong, I'm not sure what would cause that, but you might provide a screen shot so others can see what you're seeing.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 15
Thomas_Rawie

Here is a screen shot of my problem

Message 6 of 15
mrattray

Looks to me like you added a carriage return after the item number.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 15
blair
in reply to: mrattray

Check if there are any extra spaces in the field on the BOM for that part. Try doing a Re-number in the BOM as well

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 15
Thomas_Rawie
in reply to: blair

Done and done.  Nothing

Message 9 of 15
Thomas_Rawie
in reply to: mrattray

No carriage return

Message 10 of 15
mcgyvr

RMB on balloon and select "edit balloon" is the information there correct with no override checked and the value information correct?

Did you try editing that balloon style too?

"seems" like its shape might be overridden to "Circular -2 entries" and the second entry is just blank.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 11 of 15
Thomas_Rawie
in reply to: mcgyvr

Everything is correct no over ride and yes we tried editing the style

Message 12 of 15
mcgyvr

and if you delete it and recreate it?

something must be causing that and I'd guess you could edit the style and figure it out fairly easily.. What happens when you start changing the style.. does it update properly.. What about overriding the shape,etc.. 

Message 13 of 15
Thomas_Rawie

The guys that I work with and I have tried evreything possible and it dosen't change even after you change the shape.  We think it has to do something with the overall assembly within the iam but can't figure out what.

Message 14 of 15
Thomas_Rawie

I don't know exactly what I did but I fixed it.

Message 15 of 15
blair

I would look at the BOM in the IAM file. Look at the numbering for the item in question.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report