Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser context menu is not in correct location

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
karthur1
1254 Views, 6 Replies

Browser context menu is not in correct location

I have dual monitors. I have my Inventor on the left hand screen. When I click on the drop-down in the model browser, the menu which should appear on under the drop-down arrow appears on the right monitor. Pretty frustrating to have to move the pointer all the way across the screen to click the menu.
I have tried resetting the menus, toggling the model browser on/off. Nothing changes.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: karthur1

I get the same thing here.
Message 3 of 7
swordmaster

thats rather bizarre.
I have a dual monitor set up also and the drop down menu appears below the drop down arrow (as it should)
Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Message 4 of 7
karthur1

Try moving your Inventor window over to the other monitor and see what you get.
Two setups here show this behavior. One has a FX1700 card running the 182.46 driver. Another one has the nvidia NVS290 with the 169.47 driver. Edited by: karthur1 on Sep 30, 2009 12:22 PM
Message 5 of 7
ozitag

Has anyone a fix for this.

A few stations here are running dual screens now and we get this exact behaviour. If you have Inv on the main screen it works fine, have it on the secondary screen it shows on the main screen.

Ozitag

IV 2010
Message 6 of 7
JBorraKWT

So i had a similar issue with the dual screens. Left screen has the inventor window. Right screen everything else. My right screen is also my main screen so it has the desktop. When in inventor and pressing the right mouse button the menu opens on the right screen (not the left where i want it in inventor). 

I fixed the issue by changing the main screens while inventor was open. So changed the left screen to be the main and then changed it back to the right screen. This solved the issue for me. 

Hope it works! 

Kind regads,

J. Borra

Message 7 of 7

Switching the main screen from right to left and then back again worked for me too! Thank you.

This issue seems to occur when I start my laptop (main screen) and open Inventor without the second monitor connected, and then at a later time I connect to the second monitor. I guess Inventor associates the browser context menu with whatever screen it is opened on.

Whatever, the switch screen trick is an easy fix. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report