Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken View Display Problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
chrisduffin
1483 Views, 8 Replies

Broken View Display Problem

I am experincing an issue with display quality when using broken views in Inventor 2013 drawings.

After adding the break to any view in the drawing, part geometry and draft items in all views disappear/reappear upon zooming in and out on the drawing.  The entities are still there (they can be highlited and selected), but they are not displayed.

If the view is deleted, or the break removed from the view, the problem goes away.

This seems to be related to the software because both myself and a co-worker are experiencing the same thing while using competely different hardware configurations.

Has anyone else expereinced this problem?

This may only be a graphics glitch, but it is a serious drain on productivity.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jletcher
in reply to: chrisduffin

You may want to post your files this way others can test and Autodesk can have the files to send to the developing team if it is a bug.. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
geois1st

I also have this problem. It comes and goes with different drawing files. Sometimes views disappear, sometime just the title block, sometimes just the dimensions.

Seems related to drawings with breaks, adding dimensions and zooming (usually with the mouse wheel, cause that is what I use to zoom)

AI 2013.

Message 4 of 9
markhoward2

I have a user with a similar issue. When he goes to dimension in a broken view, after the first pick, all other views on the sheet dissapear. The highlight when you hover over them, but they are invisible until you switch sheets and come back. Restarting Inventor will fix it for a while. We are testing grahpics drivers right now, since he's on a newer than approved nVidia Quadro 2000 driver.

Message 5 of 9
tfuhrmann

I'm also experiencing this same issue. Only today did I realize it was  linked to the broken views though after finding this thread. Complete views disappear making it all but impossible to dimension or add balloons as well as losing the Partslist, border and tileblock. IT has tried different video cards & drivers. I currently have the NVIDIA Quadro 2000 driver version 8.17.12.7642 which is the latest certified by Autodesk as being compatible with Inventor 2013.

Has anyone found a fix or even opened a case file with Autodesk Support on this issue? I'm thinking this will be the next logical step, but since I'm leaving for vacation for the next week it will have to wait till I get back before doing so.

Message 6 of 9
EScales

Has there been any resolution to this problem?  I have a customer that started using Inventor 2014 and brought the same problem to my attention.  I can reproduce it very easily by placing a base view of any part on a drawing.  Then, put a break in the view.  When the view is shaded and you zoom in and out, the shaded area gets larger or smaller than the outline of the part.  It seems to do it when you go into the document settings and change the shaded views to "Offline Only".  Has anyone else experienced this or found a fix?

Offline Only.PNG

Shaded Area.PNG

Message 7 of 9
chrisduffin

I have never heard of any resolution for this problem. It is a software glitch that Autodesk has never seen fit to fix.

Chris Duffin
Director of Engineering
Chad Equipment, LLC - A Birko Company

[cid:image003.jpg@01CE4A77.D59A5CB0]

cduffin@birkocorp.com
19950 West 161st Street, Olathe, KS 66062-2741
(800) 444-8360 | P (913) 764-0321 | F (913) 764-0779 | M (720) 437-0107

www.birkocorp.com
Message 8 of 9
smokes2998

Hi i am having this issue in 2013 has it been fixed yet?

breakview issue.PNG

Message 9 of 9
ASI_Aaron
in reply to: smokes2998

have you tried to change these settings under Application Options?

app opts.PNG

- Aaron -
PDSU 2016
i7-5820k
Samsung 950 PRO NVMe 512gb
Quadro K4200
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report