Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
dpinson01
Message 1 of 4 (206 Views)

Broken view default gap

206 Views, 3 Replies
08-14-2013 06:51 AM

Where can I change the default gap value in the initial display of the Broken View dialog box. I use a french version and the default value is set somewhere to .250 po instead of .250 in. I want to set this value correctly in my template.  

Daniel Pinsonneault

Windows 7 64 bits french

Inventor pro 2014 french

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 2 of 4 (192 Views)

Re: Broken view default gap

08-14-2013 07:43 AM in reply to: dpinson01

Hi dpinson01,

Go to the Tools tab > Document Settings button > Standard tab. The listed standard controls the unit that the Break view Gap uses. So if you were wanting to change this, you'd need to go to the Manage tab > Styled Editor button and edit the standard specified in the Document Settings, then look on the General tab > Linear Units setting.

Autodesk Inventor Linear Units.png

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Valued Contributor
dpinson01
Message 3 of 4 (176 Views)

08-14-2013 04:17 PM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

As you can see in the attachments, the setting is "po" (pouce) for inch in french. I only have this problem with the broken view dialog box.  

Valued Contributor
dpinson01
Message 4 of 4 (122 Views)

08-22-2013 05:05 PM in reply to: dpinson01

May be it's a bug with the french version. I got the same problem with the default standard template (Standard.IDW).

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!