Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking dim extension lines as they cross over other dim extension lines...

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
KFrankenberger
3445 Views, 10 Replies

Breaking dim extension lines as they cross over other dim extension lines...

I'm using Inventor 2011 and I can't figure out how to set my dimension settings so it breaks the dimension extension lines automatically when crossing over other dimension extension lines.  I saw that others say it just happens, but it is not "just happening" for me.  Can someone explain how to set my dimensions so when dimension lines cross each other one of them automatically breaks?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
SBix26
in reply to: KFrankenberger

In 2011 (and 2012), extension lines only break around dimension text.  I've never seen them break around other extension or dimension lines.

Message 3 of 11

That is unfortiunate. So I guess there is no way to break them? In regular AutoCAD (haven't used it in a while but I used 2008, I think) you exploded dimensions and could adjust them however you wanted after you exploded them.

Message 4 of 11
t_pcoll

Hi, there was a logged a WISH item for that (DID#924303). I have added your comments to the defect.

Thanks

Ladislav

Message 5 of 11
KFrankenberger
in reply to: t_pcoll

Does that mean next time they make a new version of Inventor they might consider adding the ability to explode dimensions so you can break dim lines around each other manually?

Message 6 of 11
vakhtang

actually, there is "dimbreak" command in autocad for that 🙂

Message 7 of 11
KFrankenberger
in reply to: vakhtang

Is there a "dimbreak" command in Inventor for that? I couldn't find one.

Message 8 of 11
prem

still waiting for the solution is it available in 2013

Thanks
Prem
Windows 7 64 Bit
16 Gigs of RAM
Intel I7
Nvdia Quadro 3000M
Message 9 of 11
enigma
in reply to: prem

Nothing so far that I find in version 2013.

Perhaps by the next century Autodesk might hire a programmer who has actually taken some kind of drafting class.

Message 10 of 11
Cadmanto
in reply to: enigma

Have you tried searching in the Inventor IdeaStation to see if this has been suggested?  If you cannot find anything there, create one.  I know the guys at Autodesk monitor there.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 11 of 11
Joel.Manrique
in reply to: Cadmanto

I'm using 2016 I guess this is not implemented yet?? dimbreak please to make the drawing looks clearer and cleaner.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report