Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

break out section

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
lis_wang
1752 Views, 7 Replies

break out section

I have a assembly drawing with section front view. The cutting plan is at the center of shaft. However as the shaft is not supposed to section according to ISO standard. So I unsectioned the shaft. As the shaft have a screw at the center of the shaft end and also have a key. So I need to create a break out section to show the screw and key.

When I created a break out section, I need to click "section all parts" as I unsection the shaft previously. The problem is the screw and key is also sectioned. I attached the file here. May I know how shall I creat the break out section without section the screw and key.

The drawing attached here deleted all other parts. I cannot just creat the break out section on this simplified drawing attached.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Paul-Mason
in reply to: lis_wang

EDITED & CORRECTED

At first glance you have placed & projected the images incorrectly

If you expand the tree where it say "BREAK OUT" RMB and then

PM screen shot005.png

PM screen shot006.png

REMOVE THE CHECK MARK (TICK) from the "Section All Parts" all the parts or part of a part include in the sketch area will then NOT be sectioned other that the main/front most part.

PM screen shot007.png

Attached your original plus my IDW as sheet 2 in the IDW file

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 3 of 8
lis_wang
in reply to: Paul-Mason

Dear Paul

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I attached the wrong "expected break out view". The correc one is in the sheet2 of your drawing. As I removed other components in my attached file. The actual is as shown below. Base on drawing standards, shaft is not supposed to be sectioned as the cutting plane is at center. So I RMB the shaft component and select "Section participation as None" However when I create break out section to show the portion of key and screw, I have to click "section all parts". In that case, the shaft can be sectioned in the selected region, however the screw at the center of shaft also was sectioned and this is not drawing's conventional representation. How can I solve the problem?

Thanks

bevel gear box.jpg

Message 4 of 8
maulik_patel

Hi !!!

Try this:

1. Expand browser node of view on which you have placed Breakout View.
  2. Expand assemby node/ RMB on screw which you do not want get sectioned/ Set section participation to 'None'.

You should be all set.

Capture.JPG

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any other question.

Maulik R Patel (maulikr.patel@autodesk.com)
SQA Engineer, Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
Paul-Mason
in reply to: maulik_patel

This DOSE NOT WORK in BREAK OUTS:-

1. Expand browser node of view on which you have placed Breakout View.
  2. Expand assembly node/ RMB on screw which you do not want get sectioned/ Set section participation to 'None'.

As can be seen here, the section properties says NONE but it has no effect, been like this for years

PM screen shot003.png

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 6 of 8
lis_wang
in reply to: maulik_patel

Yes, it does not work in break out view. I have to click "Section all parts" when create break out view as the shaft was set "section participation as None" previously. I attached the file here. Please let me know if you have another method to solve the problem. As the file is two big, so I break into two zip file and the attachment is the first one

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
lis_wang

This is the second zip file

Message 8 of 8
toores

So there's no solution to showing "break outs" on a shaft that does not participate in a section view?
Does no one use Inventor for machine design?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report