Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Freddy_L
Message 1 of 2 (158 Views)

Break-out function in 3D environments (Assembly/Presentation)?

158 Views, 1 Replies
06-22-2013 04:37 AM

I'd like to be able to create break-out views, somewhat like in the picture below.

Is this possible directly in Inventor? That is, without having to carve out elaborate geometry in the parts and assign red color to the jagged edges. 

I can achieve some of what I want in a drawing (Break-out in a view, then making an isometric projected view from that first view with the break-out), but it's still not exactly what I want.

I've been searching this forum for answers, but it seems that they're all related to creating break-out's in drawings. Maybe my English is just too inadequate, and thus my search terms too limited. So I hope some of you are able to help. Thanks in advance.

Valued Mentor
BLHDrafting
Message 2 of 2 (132 Views)

Re: Break-out function in 3D environments (Assembly/Presentation)?

06-23-2013 08:09 PM in reply to: Freddy_L

Break-outs in drawings only.

In the assembly you can use LOD views, but it won't look like the breakout. Not sure about Presentations. Don't use them.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blh.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2013 PDS Premium SP2 Update 3 (Build 200), Vault 2013 Workgroup Update 2 (Build 17.2.9.0)
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.