Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break dimension extension line

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1379 Views, 7 Replies

Break dimension extension line

Is it possible to break “Dimension extension line”. Sometimes text overlaps the dimension extension line. Then we want to use this method.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you mean like in the picture, Inventor does it automatically. -- Rui "Narasimha" wrote in message news:11311881.1099479294623.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Is it possible to break "Dimension extension line". Sometimes text overlaps the dimension extension line. Then we want to use this method.
Message 3 of 8
panzilte

I think the question was how do you break an extension line when it goes off the sheet, see attached.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

"Inventor does it automatically" - not always, see attached.

"I think the question was how do you break an extension line when it goes off the sheet" - How in the world did you get this question from the original post?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I am not seeing the OP but...
If indeed it's a cylindrical edge you're selecting in the idw to add a
"linear" dimension to, right-click before placing the text and select
"Dimension Type->Linear Diameter" - this will create an assumed dimetral
dimension. If it's applicable, you'll find if you create a Broken View that
linear dims automatically come out exactly as you describe...

--
Sam Hochberg
Inventor Certified Expert
Not too bad at AutoCAD either

wrote in message news:4964164@discussion.autodesk.com...
I think the question was how do you break an extension line when it goes off
the sheet, see attached.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

In your example, use the 'broken view' tool to move the center of the arc onto the page. See attached
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

In a situation like my attachment above, if you move the linear dim slightly, it will regenerate and break around the text.
Message 8 of 8
Borexino

cattura.jpg

@Anonymous wrote:
In your example, use the 'broken view' tool to move the center of the arc onto the page. See attached

Hello to all!Smiley Happy
I'm new to the forum, and I joined because I like Inventor and because I hope to clarify any doubts that I have, and be able to give help to those who need it.

I resume this old post, because it also happens to me the same problem.
I can't get to stay  linear dimensions in the drawing sheet, being very long radius to dimension.

In particular, I don't understand how to break the view with the command "broken view" to be able to keep dimensions within the sheet.
In fact, to work, the command requires physical edge, and if I click anywhere outside the shape of my piece, it tells me  you didn't select any contour.

Do you know how can I do it?

Thank you so much.

I use Inventor 2014.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report