Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branch authoring inventor 2014

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Deee888er
471 Views, 10 Replies

Branch authoring inventor 2014

Hi I'm ive been trying to author a saddle as a branch on inventor 2014 but it mates in a funny way but when i use the same on inventor it works perfectly,is there a bug with this version of inventor in authoring branches? I just cannot get it right in inventor 2014.Ive attached my sadlle ipart for your help.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: Deee888er

1. iProperties indicates that you have not installed all Service Packs and Updates for 2014.

2. You have a "sick" sketch point in Sketch1.

3. You have a "sick" Work Points depending on active configuration.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: JDMather

And to add to JD's posting..   A branched connection must always have at least two (2) connections defined or always one (1) more than the actual number of branches.  You only have one defined so far.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 11
salariua

Welcome to the forum.

Once you fix the sketch problem and author it, even with just 1 connection, it works.

In the animation the first part is 2014 and the second is 2016. It is working on both but in 2014 I had to remove the ipart table because I didn't had excel installed.

I have attached the 2014 version for your review. Also, the mating point is where the branch fitting, (saddle) connects to the pipe, so make sure you have it in the right place (I would say top for your, right where the threaded cylindrical feature is).

151130-02.gif

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 5 of 11
salariua

BTW: While your part will work with 1 connection only you seem to need 2 by looking at the ipart table. You have "NB" as main connection and seem to have "T_Size" as your branch connection so Mark is right, in your case you might need 2 connections.

I would only author the second if you intend to Connect or Insert fittings there, otherwise the route command should snap to the circular edge.

Good Luck.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 6 of 11
Deee888er

Hi Guys

I got the Saddle working after the updates & service pack installations,now i have a pipe clip that works similar to the saddle but i cant seem to make it work even though im authoring it the same as the saddle we just done.This is frustrating please help.

Message 7 of 11
salariua

I bet I know what your problem is. It's got to do with what template you used to create you clip.

You created the clip from scratch and on the saddle you modified a CC branch fitting like a weldoled. This has been reported before, here's my answer from that post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/t-amp-p-author-pipe-clip-doesn-t-work/m-p/...

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 8 of 11
salariua

Funny but it's exactly the same clip as well you have problems with Smiley Very Happy

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 9 of 11
salariua

BTW: I like what you did with deriving the solid bodies and suppressing them to get an ipart out of proballby dumb files (step or sat).

I didn't bother, just authored them as separate files and placed them in a library folder rather than CC.

I recommend that you create your mating point, and pipe axis dynamically in the part with measured values from the dumb models. At the moment you have errors on these workfeatures when you change ipart component, therefore errors on the Authoring Info so, Place Fitting might not work.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 10 of 11
Deee888er
in reply to: salariua

thanks i will try that to see if it works
Message 11 of 11
Deee888er

i got the pipe clip working thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums