Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boundary patch

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
kazak
538 Views, 10 Replies

Boundary patch

How create not planar boundary patch?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: kazak

MDT!

wrote in message news:4850043@discussion.autodesk.com...
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Loft with rails?

--

Rui
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Currently Inventor only allows planar boundary patch. It sounds like you
need a 3D patch surface. Could you email me the file
(johnsonDOTshiueATautodeskDOTcom), so I might be able to find a solution for
you using other surfacing command?
Thanks!

Johnson Shiue
Test Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

wrote in message news:4850043@discussion.autodesk.com...
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

We are aware of the need for a 3D boundary patch with constraints (continuity, etc). We cannot comment on when it will be available. Thanks.

shekar
Message 6 of 11
kazak

Sorry, that long time not reply.
Sometimes, when work with surfaces appear hole in surfacing body. Of course, I use planar boundary patch or loft for pathed these holes. But boundary patch required objects planar in single plane. But loft required two object minimum. Sometimes, I have one not planar curve. And my job become impossible :(. I attached example similar my problem.
Please, help me stich this part.
Message 7 of 11
ToH

The problem with a boundary patch for a hole like this, is that there are more than one possible solutions. As an example I have lofted two possible surfaces. (For the record none of them exactly like the original...)

Torbjorn
Message 8 of 11
kazak

Of course, much thank you ToH. I will use your method in my job. But Inventors developers can perfect our work, create this operation automatically.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I assume you are looking for general solutions for surface patching openings and not simply a solution to the posted file. Here is another patch method that might need to be combined with other techniques on other parts to get the desired 3D patch.
Message 10 of 11
kazak

Sorry, I have 9-ty version of Inventor and so can not open your sample. But I wanted look you method. Are you could create its sample in Inventor 9?
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Here is file in v9. Although this was a simple extrude, similar techniques can be used to create splines for sweeps and loft sections and rails from existing geometry. Particularly from geometry from other file types where no sketch history exists to work with.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report