Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

border problem changing size

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
slphantom
362 Views, 5 Replies

border problem changing size

we have been having this problem since last year some time. I am not sure how it got started or why. if you look at the attached jpg you can see that when i open a idw the border is not the same size as the sheet or even the way it was saved last time it was open. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this? if so how did you fix it. i have expanded all the format borders and such so you can see what we are using.

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rhasell
in reply to: slphantom

Hi

I see that is a custom border, have you tested this with a default border?

Naturally if a default border works then there is a problem with the template, try and re-define the border.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 3 of 6
SBix26

If I recall correctly, when defining a custom border the sheet corners have built-in points from which you dimension your offset.  Sounds as if your border definition lost its dimensional constraint to the edge of the sheet.

If you can't track it down, perhaps you could post your template file and someone might be able to figure it out.

Message 4 of 6
slphantom
in reply to: SBix26

I just checked and all the edges were dimensioned from the corners. I do have the "file name and path"  inserted in the lower left hand corner that was dimensioned from the the border edge not the point so I fixed that. When we see this we just change to a different size sheet then back to the size we want and it fixes it. Attached is our idw we use for everything. It has a lot of custom iprops that fill in automatically when we insert a part for detailing.

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
Message 5 of 6
rhasell

Hi

I quickly made a new border for you.

Try it and let me know.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 6 of 6
slphantom
in reply to: rhasell

I found that if you change the name of the idw file or move it from your hard drive to the network (which would also change the path/name in the lower left corner) it creates this problem. So it is the <file name and path> that I have in the border causing this problem. I would still like to have that so I wonder if there is a way to do this?

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report