Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book recommendation to draw valves (specially butterfly valves)

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
XLAIBARRA
1793 Views, 9 Replies

Book recommendation to draw valves (specially butterfly valves)

Hi everybody!

I'm looking for a book to practice and learn how to model valves, specially butterfly valves. If anybody knows a book to practice in general, one which contains inventor exercises. It would be great to find a some with valve models, but i guess that probably it's not very easy.

Thank you very much!!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mpatchus
in reply to: XLAIBARRA

Any valve vendor (Demco, Keystone, Crane, etc) should have drawing with critical dimensions shown on the website/catalog.  You should be able to estimate any dimensions not given.

Crane-butterfly-valves.gif 

Also, take a look in any Mechanical Drawing textbook for valve assemblies.  Valves were a very common detail & assembly problems in many textbooks.  While they won't give you step by step Inventor directions, they may give you all the required information about the valve.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: mpatchus

From the specific request of butterfly valves I'd guess you work for a company that makes them.. If so surely there are drawings floating around or parts that you could get a caliper around and go from there..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 10
XLAIBARRA

Thanks a lot!! But my first aim is to learn to handle Inventor. I'm first looking for an Inventor exercise book and, if possible, incluiding valves. Anyway your information is very handy to me!

Message 5 of 10
XLAIBARRA
in reply to: mcgyvr

Actually, i'm not working for a company that manufactures valves. I would like to learn inventor but i have special curiosity in valves, also ball valves. If there is not such a book i just would like a recommendation of an Inventor exercise book. Does exist any?

Thanks!!

Message 6 of 10
mpatchus

Curtis Waguespack's book Mastering Inventor is one of the best to use on your own. (In my opinion)

There are others out there as well.

Mastering_Autodesk_Inventor_2014_-_Autodesk_Official_Press.png

http://www.civilax.com/mastering-autodesk-inventor-2014-autodesk-official-press/

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 7 of 10
XLAIBARRA

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! THE BOOK LOOKS GREAT!!

Message 8 of 10
jeanchile

In addition to Curtis' book, which I completely agree with, I would recommend getting the "Valve Handbook, Third Edition" published by McGaw-Hill. If you're new to valves and construction, there is a lot of good information in there.

For the record, my office learned Inventor and implemented into all our systems pretty much using Curtis' book and that's it. If you are diligent about going through it completely, you'll be very satisfied with it.
Inventor Professional
Message 9 of 10
XLAIBARRA
in reply to: jeanchile

Thank you very much! I will have a look!! I really appreciate it!

Message 10 of 10
Paul-Mason

There are also numerous valve assemblies, drawings etc freely available at http://grabcad.com/library?per_page=20&query=butterfly+valves.

You'll need to register to get access but if all free you can also upload your own, unlimited space .

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report