Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM tracking

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
441 Views, 5 Replies

BOM tracking

Hello guys!

Is there any way to track BOM changes. For instance you have an assembly that was checked in to the Vault. Later revision was made to it. Is there any way to keep track what parts were removed and what parts were added on the latest revision? Is there any tool to get such report?

Thank you,

Alex.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

If you have vault pro it has an ECN system that can be taylored to do this I would imagine.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

no, our company has Inventor 2012 Design Suit. They were talking about connecting it to MRP Visual, but it`s gonna take long time. I was looking for something quick. Like an addon or macro.
thanks
Message 4 of 6
Cadmanto

Not knowing exactly what you had, I figured I would throw it out there.

To the best of my knowledge, short of keeping very detailed revision notes in the revision block, iLogic may be your only other option for something like this.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

THANKS,
Basically every time we release revised sheet metal assembly to the shop, we have to print out material BOM and highlight parts that were removed and parts were added or qty changed. Sometime it takes time if its a big assembly. Yes we do use revision blocks, but they just show rev # and short description.
Message 6 of 6
Cadmanto

No problem.  Sorry I could not be of more help.

I have worked at places that did the same thing.  But, we had an ECN # on the drawing and the ECN document

outlined everything that changed.  Right down to the finest detail.  That is why I suggested the ECN through vault pro.

Something to look into I guess.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report