Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM - Totalling up parts

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Kevin-SCS
170 Views, 0 Replies

BOM - Totalling up parts

Hi all,

I am using INV 2011 and have tried for years to find a way to display a full list of parts (not sub-assemblies) from the top level GA.

I know I could do this from the bottom up going through each sub-assembly to the top, but this would be very laborious for very large projects.

INV 2011 will only allow me to export a list of parts from the BOM that includes Inseperable and Purchased sub-assemblies from the 'Parts Only' tab; or a structured list that I then have to calculate manually from the 'Structured' tab, (time consuming and leaves room for error).

Has anyone found a way that will calculate a full list of parts (including all parts from all sub-assemblies), that does not list the sub-assemblies as parts and is not structured?

p.s. I can not change any relevant assemblies and sub-assemlies from purchased and Inseperable as they need to be displayed as such in the drawing parts lists as such.

Hope this all makes sense!

Many thanks

Kevin-SCS

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report