Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Thumbnail Export to Excel

52 REPLIES 52
Message 1 of 53
Raider_71
4411 Views, 52 Replies

BOM Thumbnail Export to Excel

Hi guys I have created a quick tool to export the contents of Inventors Structured BOM to Excel including the Thumbnail. One of our customers requested it and I could not find another way of doing this so I created a little app for it. Let me know what you think.

Download: http://filegooi.co.za/get2/047d021461b6ef4bb9fab9f3d4aeec35/Inv+BOM+Exp.rar

Pieter

52 REPLIES 52
Message 41 of 53
guido_66
in reply to: warren.ramsdale

This tool promises to be very useful, but sadly I'm not seeing any thumbnails in the exported file. What could be the cause of this? I'm using Inventor 2012SP1 on Windows 7 64bit.

Message 42 of 53
Raider_71
in reply to: guido_66

Hi the problem is probably the User Account Control setting. Switch that off and also try and "Run As Administrator" by right clicking on the file.

Let me know. My email address is on the application window.

Pieter

Message 43 of 53
myles240
in reply to: Raider_71

Great program. Is there any chance you could make a version to export all levels of the structure?

Message 44 of 53
Raider_71

Yes can be done. Email me here: pieter(at)mgfx(dot)co(dot)za then we can discuss it further.
Message 45 of 53

Fantastic program, we've been using it to create labels for stock parts on our shelves. Only problem now is, I've updated Inventor to 2013 and the version of BOM Tools I have only works with 2011/2012.

Is there a release available or an update coming out soon?

Best regards

Message 46 of 53
tech
in reply to: IvanoSimonetto4519

Hi Ivano,

Email Pieter on the above email address to get the software for Inventor 2013.

Message 47 of 53

Hey can you post another link, I would REALLY like to see the thubnails in excel.

Message 48 of 53
tech
in reply to: k-tecearthmovers

Hi you can get it over at www.mgfx.co.za/tools-for-inventor.htm

Message 49 of 53
guido_66
in reply to: tech

It is beyond me why I can't get this very promising tool to work. I'm on Win7sp1-64 and Inventor 2012. First I get this error message and when I continue, it doesn't recognise Inventor. I've tried it with UAC on and off, and running as administrator. All result in the same errors.

scrshot-291012-160146.jpg

scrshot-291012-160216.jpg

Message 50 of 53
Raider_71
in reply to: guido_66

Hi Guido

This is normally caused by a system that might not have had and still does not have the necessary windows user rights for Inventor to run properly. Inventor did not register properly with the Windows operating system on start-up and that’s why you get that last error.

Ok here are a few points to note that will probably get you going:

1. Make sure your Windows account have “local” administrator rights. You might have to speak to your IT guys to help.

2. Switch off Windows UAC.  REMEMBER: It will only be off after a restart!

3. To get your Inventor properly registered with Windows try the following:

a. Once you have local Admin rights Right Click the Inventor icon on your desktop and select “Run as Administrator”. Now try the BOM Tool again.

b. Once you have local Admin rights run “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Bin\Inventor.exe /install”. Now try the BOM Tool again.

We will be building in automatic user rights elevation into a future version of our tools but that will only get past UAC that might still be switched on and not the Inventor registration issue.

Try the above and let me know. You can mail me direct here: Pieter(at)mgfx(dot)co(dot)za

Message 51 of 53
guido_66

Problem solved! Now it's time to test and see if this tool can make work a little easier in the transition from designer to the workfloor.  Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 53
nike_bytom

Hi

Thanks for great tool but can not get this working with win8 x64 inv 2013, UAC  is off ,admin account

Getting this:

Message 53 of 53
Raider_71
in reply to: nike_bytom

Hi guys I just want to let everyone know that a new version of BOM Tools has been released.

BOM Tools 2.1.2

• Supports Inventor 2011 to 2013 - 32 and 64 bit
  • You can export user selected part parameters
  • You can also export Sheet metal extents
  • Export your “Structured” or “Parts Only” BOM views to Excel
  • There are two versions of BOM Tools available now.  BOM Tools with 150 row limit and BOM Tools Pro with unlimited number of rows exported to Excel.

Remember to switch off Windows 7 UAC for it to work properly.

Sorry no Windows 8 support yet.

Download link: http://www.mgfx.co.za/tools-for-inventor.htm

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report