Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Thumbnail Export to Excel

52 REPLIES 52
Message 1 of 53
Raider_71
4417 Views, 52 Replies

BOM Thumbnail Export to Excel

Hi guys I have created a quick tool to export the contents of Inventors Structured BOM to Excel including the Thumbnail. One of our customers requested it and I could not find another way of doing this so I created a little app for it. Let me know what you think.

Download: http://filegooi.co.za/get2/047d021461b6ef4bb9fab9f3d4aeec35/Inv+BOM+Exp.rar

Pieter

52 REPLIES 52
Message 21 of 53
Raider_71
in reply to: Raider_71

Good to hear. Yes it's hard coded to only export the first level BOM
Message 22 of 53
WILLIAMF

If I download it where do I put it?

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro
Product Design Suite 2019 Ultimate
Message 23 of 53
Raider_71

You can put it anywhere. You will have to install it after you have downloaded it. Then you will have an icon on your desktop you can use to start the application.
Message 24 of 53
WILLIAMF

Thanks,

Work! Just need to condense the cells in excel so my BOM isnt 20 sheets instead of 3. Good work. How come Autodesk didnt do that?

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro
Product Design Suite 2019 Ultimate
Message 25 of 53
Raider_71

Glad to hear it's of use to you.
Please be aware that there is a 150 row limit. I am using a free Visual Basic module in my program which has this limit unfortunately. If the limit is reached you will notice this in the excel file at the bottom.

If we ever buy the paid for module I will upload a new version. But for now that's it as we don't ever need mor than 150 rows in or BOM's

Message 26 of 53
Psylohk

Thanks for thumbnails Export.

Does it works without Excel ?

I tried to export a .iam as a .xlsx sheet and to open it with openoffice. All is ok but thumbnails doesn't appear.

Message 27 of 53
Raider_71

You don't need excel on your pc for the app to work. The app do however create a true Excel file. How this file will import into other applications will depend on the 'other' applications ability to open/import MS Excel files.

Did you know that Microsoft Office Starter is Free! With that installed you can have excel 2010 which is garanteed to do the job.
Message 28 of 53
skyngu

not working in 2012 sp1 64 bit with window 7 sp1, excel 2007. check attachment, thanks.

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Message 29 of 53
Raider_71

Yes that will happen if you don't have enough rights on your pc. Try running it as a local administrator. Also try running it with "User Account Control" switched off. Let me know but this sorted us out with one of our other users.
Message 30 of 53
Psylohk

Hi I tried at my office but it doesn't work.

bugbom01.jpg

It's a french install of inventor 2011 64bits on win 7

The error happens when I save the xlsx file.

It worked at my home with inventor 2012 64 bits US Version, but generated files were under 10 Ko (not enough to embed thumbnails I think)

Message 31 of 53
Raider_71

Hi that's strange. May I ask that you mail me direct so that we don't complicate this forum thread. My email address is on the application window.

Have you downloaded the latest version from the last link in this thread?
Are you using Level Of Detail representations? If yes, please try it with Master LOD rep active.

Will you email me please. If it's still a problem I will test on a French version but as far as I know its supposed to work on other language installations.
Message 32 of 53
Psylohk

ok, I sent you an email to summarize what I tried

All was tested with default LOD.

Message 33 of 53
Raider_71
in reply to: Psylohk

Hi guys,

For now the BOM Tools application can be found on the ductpro site at www.ductpro.net

Thanks

Pieter

Message 34 of 53
Raider_71

Hi guys there is a new version of the BOM export tool available at www.ductpro.net

New features include:

Better Windows Vista/7 compatibility.

Now exporting the Material and Stock Number properties as well.

Thanks

Pieter

Message 35 of 53
guyh

Thanks.  Will test and report back.

cheers,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 36 of 53
warren.ramsdale

Hi there,

Just what I was looking for!..... BUT......any chance you can re-upload that file I guess it's expired again?
Also, anything but mediafire... That's a "blocked domain" here 😞

Thanks in advance

Message 37 of 53
Raider_71
in reply to: warren.ramsdale

As in one of the posts above go to www.ductpro.net and download the latest version there.

Let me know if you dont come right.

Pieter

Message 38 of 53
warren.ramsdale

Thanks Pieter,

Got it working - it's just what I needed. Smiley Happy

I use a lot of iassemblies with multiple variants - it would be nice to have a option to not show items with a zero qty!

I actually downloaded from the first link in the first post which I assumed wasn't working anymore. the last link you posted also leads to Mediafire.com which I can't access from behind our firewall.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

Warren

Message 39 of 53
Raider_71

Hi sorry I forgot about that it takes you to a Mediafire site anyway...

Ok here is a tempory link you can try to get the latest version of BOM Tools: http://filegooi.co.za/get2/d03a46fcf861fe39911eee531b5f516b/Inv+-+BOM+properties+to+Excel+File.zip

Also you are talking about iAssemblies and parts in the BOM with 0 QTY. Can you explain.

Thanks

Pieter

you can email me here: pieter (at) mgfx (dot) co (dot) za

Message 40 of 53
warren.ramsdale

Hi there,

I've emailed you to explain what I'm doing!!! hopefully it should make sense.

Cheers

Warren

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report