Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Structure Value Refuses To Change

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
LT.Rusty
276 Views, 1 Reply

BOM Structure Value Refuses To Change

So I inherited a project that has a ton of iLogic rules and forms built into it.  It's basically a massive form-driven configurator.  We start off with a project file and a folder of base parts, then copy the project and rename it for each project built from this.  The iLogic rules and forms control - among other things - suppression and BOM structure values for all the parts.

My problem now is that, one one of these projects that was already finished, someone wants a revision.  Normally, no problem - go back to the base form, change a couple things, and click OK.  Everything's good to go with the new values. This time, though, there was a ton of customized work that had to be done on virtually every part of the project, and if I go back to edit the base form, then I lose all of that and have to redo it, just to unsuppress a single subassembly and get it to show in the parts list on the drawing with balloons.  This is not really a great option, as I have a whole bunch of other things I need to do today and I don't have 4 or 5 extra hours laying around to redo all the custom work.

I've managed to get the suppressed parts to show up on the drawing by manually unsuppressing them in the main assembly, but my problem is that I can't get them to show in the parts list.  The subassembly is marked as REFERENCE in the BOM, and every time I change that to NORMAL, it changes back to REFERENCE as soon as I click away from that box. 

Anyone got any ideas on how to make it behave correctly?  I'm sure there's a rule somewhere that's trying to set the value, but I don't even know what to start looking for in diagnosing that particular problem, and I can't delete the rules to make it stop happening - they're needed for other things.

Thanks!

Rusty

EESignature

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
salariua
in reply to: LT.Rusty

I think you need to do it from the assembly browser. If you right click on your reference assembly in the browser go to bom structure and change to normal there.

That's like a master value and it overrides the bom settings no matter what.

5.jpg

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report