Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM showing inseparable purchased parts

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
warrentdo
607 Views, 7 Replies

BOM showing inseparable purchased parts

I have a main assembly IDW that is made up from sub assemblies and single parts, dont we all? Some sub assemblies don’t have their own IDW s so I am going to call their bits up on the main assembly.
I need a BOM that can show some sub assemblies parts and some sub assemblies as a single part.
Ive found that by placing a parts list as ‘PARTS ONLY‘ that it will show all sub assembly’s parts, and by then changing some sub assembly’s to ‘inseparable’ it will hide the parts inside. The only problem I have is that it doesn’t hide the purchased parts! How can I do this? I don’t what to call them up again and don’t want to manually hide them either in the parts list.
Cheers
Warren
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
warrentdo
in reply to: warrentdo

Sorry, AIP2008 sp1.
Warren
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

List them as purchased if you can.
Message 4 of 8
warrentdo

Cheers Dave, thats it.

Warrem
Message 5 of 8
Vitornis

Im having the same problem. i dont understand why the purchase items bleed thru a assembly  that is set to inseparable.

Message 6 of 8
pauldoubet
in reply to: Vitornis

Are these parts you are creating or are you downloading them from the Internet?

Paul

Message 7 of 8
Vitornis

Most of these items are from the content center and the assemblies are all created by me.

Message 8 of 8
pauldoubet
in reply to: Vitornis

If your CC items are bolts, nuts, etc. I would expect them to be set to 'Purchased'. If the CC items are structural steel shapes I would expect them to be set to 'Normal'. If you have a custom CC then you can set the Family Template to what ever works for your situation. If these assemblies are representing something that you need to show for design and illustration purposes only you should set them to 'Reference' this will exclude them from the BOM data for parts lists, structured or parts only.

If you can provide a screen capture and more information perhaps someone can provide more help. I have seen the BOM data behave in odd ways if a file becomes corrupt.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report