Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Settings for Drawings

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
BDUB2012
181 Views, 0 Replies

BOM Settings for Drawings

I apologize, inv 2012.

The solutions that I have found to get an assembly bom on an assembly drawing are:

1. insert an assembly into an assembly.

2. make a virtual part or derived part.

3. make extra fields in the part and have the BOM column look at alternative iproperty fields.

In a part file that has a family table I want the configurations of some casted parts and some machined parts. the casted parts will have a drawing but no BOM, the machined parts will have a drawing and a BOM.

Then in an assembly file that has a family table I want configurations that use the configurations of the part file. Each of these assemblies will have a drawing that has a BOM that will call out the part that is is made from.

In other words I will have a casting that will be machined so I will need a casting drawing and a machine drawing that has a BOM telling what casting to use.

Is there any easy way to do this.

On top of that when I try to make a family table in an assembly I get a message "THE BILL OF MATERIALS CONTAINS VIEWS OR PROPERTIES NOT SUPPORTED BE CONFIGURATIONS. OONLY STRUCTURED FIRST LEVEL BOM VIEWS ARE SUPPORTED. THE BOM WILL BE CHANGED DURING CONVERSION".

I do not know what i changed so I do not know how to correct it.

Please help with any solutions.

THANKS!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report