Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM problem

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
UlviEng
488 Views, 6 Replies

BOM problem

Hello All, I have just faced with a problem and want to share it as I need to sort it out as soon as possible. Briefly, I created a part then put it into 14 different assembly and used it as a basic part eventually I entered these assemblies into final one. But while converting 3d model of final assembly onto 2d layout to my surprise in BOM it is shown only 1 assembly and QTY column reflects number of initial created part. Now the question is how I can make BOM to reflect the whole 14 assemblies?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: UlviEng
Message 3 of 7
UlviEng
in reply to: cbenner

Please find attached

Cheers

Ulvi

Message 4 of 7
BLHDrafting

My initial thought is to change each of the 14 sub-assemblies to Phantom type. This will promote all of the child parts up 1 level. But this may not be exactly what you want. Are each of the 14 sub-assemblies required to be shown in the Parts List as an assy?

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 5 of 7
UlviEng

Hi,

Actually I have already attepted to go through this version but didn't seem to work as it ignored assembly and basic part turned up itself in qty of 14.

Yes, you heat the nail on the head. I want all 14 sub-assemblies to be visible in BOM.

Message 6 of 7
Nicolas.Bourquin

Dear UlviEng,

Many thanks for your question.

The structured BOM in the assembly could be configured to be merged by part number.

If this is the case, here is a proposition:

>> Open the main top assembly "0831-29122013.iam"

>> Manage >> Bill Of Materials >> select "structured" tab (If necessary "View Option" button >> enable BOM view)

>> click on "Part Number Raw merge Settings" >> disable "enable Row Merge on Part Number Match" option >> ok >> done

>> go back in the drawing containing the part list >> the part list should display all the sub-assemblies.

(For information here is a link on information about "Merging rows in bill of materials":

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/Inventor/files/GUID-C6495D82-9A5E-4940-B4D6-E3B6561107C9...)

Hope that can help.

Best Regards

Nicolas Bourquin
Message 7 of 7
UlviEng
in reply to: Nicolas.Bourquin

Dear Nikolas, Thanks for feedback. I tried that way and it divided all frame members into single part in MTO but I when I added the problematic assembly into merge execute list it solved the problem. I accept this information as solution. Thanks for right direction. Regards, Ulvi.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report