Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Mentor
Lancasterm
Message 1 of 3 (745 Views)

BOM Item Number - ILOGIC/VB.NET - Change

745 Views, 2 Replies
01-11-2012 08:09 AM

First if this topic has already been discussed I apologize for asking it again...

In our company if we put a component in 5 different assemblies, we want that component to have the same item number no matter where it is in the parts list.   In addition we group components to have a special item number...  Meaning hardware like washer, bolts, and etc. to start with 500 series number..  Piping components would be 800 series...

Is there a way to do this in ILOGIC/VB?

Distinguished Mentor
swordmaster
Message 2 of 3 (742 Views)

Re: BOM Item Number - ILOGIC/VB.NET - Change

01-11-2012 08:21 AM in reply to: Lancasterm

I have a similar requirement which i discussed with autodesk some time ago.

It is not possible to manipulate the item number object via ilogic or the API unfortunately.

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Valued Mentor
Lancasterm
Message 3 of 3 (737 Views)

Re: BOM Item Number - ILOGIC/VB.NET - Change

01-11-2012 08:40 AM in reply to: swordmaster

Thanks...   I figured that was the answer because I couldn't find anything in my search for this type of code..   I kind of have a semi-automatic method where my iLogic problem does a BOM export into an excel spreadsheet, locates all duplicate parts and assigns the correct item number.   From there I paste/copy the item number cell from the spreadsheet into the BOM view/dialog box in Inventor.  Clunky but it works.. 

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!