Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Mentor
Lancasterm
Message 1 of 3 (732 Views)

BOM Item Number - ILOGIC/VB.NET - Change

732 Views, 2 Replies
01-11-2012 08:09 AM

First if this topic has already been discussed I apologize for asking it again...

In our company if we put a component in 5 different assemblies, we want that component to have the same item number no matter where it is in the parts list.   In addition we group components to have a special item number...  Meaning hardware like washer, bolts, and etc. to start with 500 series number..  Piping components would be 800 series...

Is there a way to do this in ILOGIC/VB?

Distinguished Mentor
swordmaster
Message 2 of 3 (729 Views)

Re: BOM Item Number - ILOGIC/VB.NET - Change

01-11-2012 08:21 AM in reply to: Lancasterm

I have a similar requirement which i discussed with autodesk some time ago.

It is not possible to manipulate the item number object via ilogic or the API unfortunately.

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Valued Mentor
Lancasterm
Message 3 of 3 (724 Views)

Re: BOM Item Number - ILOGIC/VB.NET - Change

01-11-2012 08:40 AM in reply to: swordmaster

Thanks...   I figured that was the answer because I couldn't find anything in my search for this type of code..   I kind of have a semi-automatic method where my iLogic problem does a BOM export into an excel spreadsheet, locates all duplicate parts and assigns the correct item number.   From there I paste/copy the item number cell from the spreadsheet into the BOM view/dialog box in Inventor.  Clunky but it works.. 

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.