Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Default Per IpartMember

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Dickerson2012
728 Views, 5 Replies

BOM Default Per IpartMember

In a IPartFactory is it possible to change the BOM Default structure per IPartMember?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: Dickerson2012

Do you mean a seperate BOM (Parts List) format for each factory member?

If that is the case, maybe through iLogic, but not any other way.

Otherwise providing more detail would be helpful.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
Dickerson2012
in reply to: Cadmanto

The clients case is as follows:

For IPartmember Row #1 they would like the BOM Default Structure to be "Normal"

For IPartmember Row #2 they would like the BOM Default Structure to be "Purchased"

For IPartmember Row #3 they would like the BOM Default Structure to be "Normal"

Etc.

My understanding is that ILogic when used in the context of a IPart Factory can be unstable or not work at all.

Would you have a link to a example of how this would work and/or what event would "trigger" the ILogic to Run

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
Cadmanto

Honestly, iLogic is not my strong suit.  Smiley Sad  I just suggested iLogic thinking someone may respond that could help you in that area.  If indeed that is where you wanted to go.

The only thing I see remotyly close to what youare trying to do is in the factory table under the BOM tab you can choose between "default" and "Reference".  But that is not what I am thinking you are looking for.

Sorry, I can't help you with anymore that that.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 6

Hi Dickerson2012,

If you open the iPart member file (not the factory file) and go to Tools > Document Settings, you'll see that the button is grayed out, indicating that the iPart member has no Document Settings of it's own. Instead the member file simply uses the Document Settings of the parent factory file. Therefore there simply isn't a mechanism to control the iPart member file's BOM Structure setting independently.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 6
mrattray

My suggestion would be to consider creating an iLogic component instead of using an iPart.

If this wasn't an iPart, then controlling the BOM structure intelligently with iLogic would be a no-brainer.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report