Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Annoyances

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jdavis417
423 Views, 4 Replies

BOM Annoyances

Since I don't really know how to do a "bug report", I'm taking a few minutes today to post some of the long-standing "issues" I've run into...

We are heavy Frame Generator users.  We often edit the "Part Number" that FG creates  (no use doing it upon creation... it's far too early in the design).

Upon editing the Part Number field in the BOM (in the Assembly environment) the sort method is (often-but-not-always) lost.  I'd like the sort to persist.

Sometimes (randomly?) Item Quantity falls out of the BOM.  So, it's back to Runtime Column Customization to add it back.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong of just have unrealistic expectations (who me?)???

Does anyone else have these things happening to them?

Thanks,

John

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
4donwan4
in reply to: jdavis417

John, I logged this to the development team hoping they might understand the post enough to get this though. They have asked for more information. What would be extremely helpful would be for you to attach a word document listing steps and screen shots that outline the potential bug you speak of. Please attach this document so I can get it to the development team.

Thanks,

Don

Message 3 of 5
jdavis417
in reply to: 4donwan4

Don,

Thanks for picking up the ball.  Please don't take the following comments personally.

Not just "no", but "heck no"!  If those words can't be understood, I should simply stop trying to express myself in writing.

Please consider that standard answer 1a seems to be, "We don't understand.  Provide more stuff.".

I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time (again)!Man Embarassed

Message 4 of 5
SBix26

Seriously?  No further help from you?  Software bugs that make it into production are typically found in very specific and out of the ordinary workflows.  Therefore, the workflow you use needs to be as clear as possible if there is to be any chance of reproducing it and tracking down the problem.

Even face-to-face communication with the people I've lived with for decades needs additional clarification most of the time, let alone written communication about technical stuff with people you've never met and who might not be native English speakers.

Message 5 of 5
jdavis417

It's not you... it's me.

Smiley LOL

But seriously, I have gone to my open case and re-stated the "issues" with as few words as possible.  I simply don't hame time to chase this around right now!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report