Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bolted connections box empty

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
Anonymous
1811 Views, 27 Replies

bolted connections box empty

im new to this page, please bare with me, ive seen this question on here before but never found a solution. when i try to make a bolted connection my "click to add fastener > standard/category" box is empty. my hole, which used hole command, is 11/16" and the bolt only needs to be roughly 2" long so im not demanding odd fasteners. Please help! let me know if more info is needed thanks!

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

i suppressed all constraints for the two parts im trying to bolt up like scott said. it got me closer i think i can now choose hardware but when i click apply still not showing up. ill try to post the shots in order.

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous

i can choose bolts from ANSI, but my ISO is blank.

wheres the smack my head button? Smiley LOL

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

waa hoo!! i placed the bolts (didnt show up) suppressed the constraints in that area, then unsuppressed and BANG! here they be lol

you guys are the best thanks so much for the patience, but this isnt the last youve heard from me

Message 24 of 28
Cadmanto

Congratulations!!!!  Nice work!!!

Glad we were able to help you through this.

I certainly hope this isn't the last time.  It has been fun!!!  Smiley Very Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 25 of 28
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi StrangersDMAX,

I just got back from a meeting, and see that you've resolved this, I'll have to review this later to see if I can determine what was happening. But congrats on figuring it out. Smiley Happy

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous

Hello guys,

Since I have a similar issue I went thru all your messages to see if it could help me but I didn't find a solution to my problem.

Yesterday I did the tutorial for bolted connection and it went very well. Even if I've been using Inventor for 2 years I've been learning on my own. I finally have spare time to look into various features that could be useful.

This morning I want to test it on a real project but can't see our custom content center. My "add a fastener" box is empty. In my Jobs.ipj configuration our Librairy is checked as "in use". Our CC is on a Vault server, it is not a stand alone desktop content.

Were is my probelm and how can I fix it??

Thanks a lot.

Tags (1)
Message 27 of 28
setzerjd

Message 16 of 26 in this thread I explained what our company had to do to get Custom Content to show up in the Bolted Connection.  Did you try detaching and reattaching Libraries to the Vault in the ADMS Console?

Message 28 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: setzerjd

Hi again,

I could not delete the CC from the Vault, therefore cant do the balance of your instructions. Maybe because I have limited admin access (?) or others have files checkout. I will try an other attempt outside office working hours.

Thanks anyway.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report