Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connection

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
craigzcool
522 Views, 3 Replies

Bolted Connection

Hi,

Using bolted connection, I want to place a bolt through 3 sheets of metal. The first 2 sheets i want it to automatically place a slightly larger hole (which it does) but I want the 3rd sheet to be threaded so the bolt thread and hole thread are the same size. What is the best way of going about this problem.

Thanks in advance, Craig

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RobJV
in reply to: craigzcool

Just create the threaded hole beforehand.  If you are relatively new to Inventor, I would make one more suggestion - place all holes beforehand.  I have used bolted connection since it first came out and you will run into more problems if you let it make the holes for you.  Just my $0.02.

Rob

Message 3 of 4
craigzcool
in reply to: RobJV

I found the solution in the end, by modifying the hole type from 'normal' to 'threaded' ... thanks for the help though 🙂

Craig

Message 4 of 4
RobJV
in reply to: craigzcool

Although I agree with you - that is the intended way to do it, (Press "..." next to the hole in bolted connection dialog and change to threaded) my last email was just a cautionary one that more often than not, the holes created through the bolted connection generator will cause issues down the road.  If you don't edit things often you should be OK.

Rob 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report