Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
kdlklm
Message 1 of 16 (2,991 Views)
Accepted Solution

Bolted Connection won't show the bolts!

2991 Views, 15 Replies
03-08-2011 03:18 PM

Bolted connection, clevis pin and bearing are all not working for me. I can go through the steps of selecting the start plane and then the circular reference and the termination point. That is all successful but the bolt doesn't appear, whether I use a clevis pin or a bearing, I get the same result.

Working with sheet metal or FrameMaker all work fine. My content center shows all the bolts, clevis pins and bearings. The content center seems to be working fine. I have read many posts about this issue but have not seen a resolution, and can't seem to figure it out myself. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using inventor 2011.

The problem appears to me to be that you haven't selected any fasteners yet for the bolted connection.  There is nothing there to show.  Look to the right of the wizard screen where it says "Click To Add Fasteners".

I'd also suggest running the tutorial for this feature before you go too much further.  On the Get Started tab, Tutorials, Mechanical Design, Bolted Connections.

Mentor
PACDrafting
Message 2 of 16 (2,969 Views)

Re: Bolted Connection won't show the bolts!

03-09-2011 02:54 AM in reply to: kdlklm

You need to add a screen image for more information.

Send a picture of your settings when in bolted generator.

*Expert Elite*
mthomas
Message 3 of 16 (2,958 Views)

03-09-2011 04:49 AM in reply to: kdlklm

Not that I have a solution but just a quick post to say that we're experiencing the same problem. Our content center works without issue but when we use the bolted connection wizard we do not have access to all of the components. It's very frustrating!

We have logged this with Autodesk Tech Support and if we get a resolution I'll post the results

Mike

Mike Thomas

Active Contributor
kdlklm
Message 4 of 16 (2,949 Views)

03-09-2011 08:17 AM in reply to: mthomas

here is a screenshot of the bolted connection Wizard. I have made all the proper selections and the bolt doesn't show up.

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 5 of 16 (2,939 Views)

03-09-2011 08:53 AM in reply to: kdlklm

The problem appears to me to be that you haven't selected any fasteners yet for the bolted connection.  There is nothing there to show.  Look to the right of the wizard screen where it says "Click To Add Fasteners".

I'd also suggest running the tutorial for this feature before you go too much further.  On the Get Started tab, Tutorials, Mechanical Design, Bolted Connections.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cadtipstricks.wordpress.com//

Contributor
b.graaf
Message 6 of 16 (2,798 Views)

07-13-2011 06:26 AM in reply to: cbenner

I do'n't know if I have the exact same problem, but it looks simular:

In the bolted connection generator, the bolt and washer windows are empty. See attachment

I am using the Vault and the Content Center Libraries are also installed into the Vault.

"Place from content center" works with no problems and if I switch from "Vault server content center" to the desktop content center, than the bolted connection is also alright.

Perhaps the same problem, but till now, I have no solution for this....

One of our customers does have the same problem.

Best Regards,

Branko Graaf

Distinguished Contributor
BillPIII
Message 7 of 16 (2,784 Views)

07-13-2011 07:03 AM in reply to: kdlklm

It's not as intuitive as it could be. Plus I don't like the less than obvious divide in the list when adding nuts and washers to the fastener.

Contributor
greghughes
Message 8 of 16 (2,712 Views)

08-29-2011 07:13 PM in reply to: BillPIII

I am having the same problem, is there a solution to this? I am using 2011 with Vault

Cheers

Greg

kyleivie
Message 9 of 16 (2,500 Views)

01-30-2012 04:17 PM in reply to: kdlklm

hello i have a similar issue that i have had for a couple versions of inventor now. it started with inventor 2009, now i have 2012 ultimate... this is very frustrating. i have the bolts and washers in place but when i apply the connection i end up with just one connection but it knows that i want 12... weird bug... help please.

Contributor
steve.west
Message 10 of 16 (1,874 Views)

02-15-2013 01:47 AM in reply to: kdlklm

I have a similar frustrating problem. Sometimes when I use bolted connection generator I only get the holes, no bolts, washers or nuts. I can see them in the browser, shown as visible, they appear on the preview, any additional holes are generated, but no fasteners. It's like a virus. It occurs on one assembly (and seems to transfer with that assembly to another computer), then propagates to another assembly.

Anybody else found this and possibly found a solution?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!