Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connection won't show the bolts!

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
kdlklm
16983 Views, 23 Replies

Bolted Connection won't show the bolts!

Bolted connection, clevis pin and bearing are all not working for me. I can go through the steps of selecting the start plane and then the circular reference and the termination point. That is all successful but the bolt doesn't appear, whether I use a clevis pin or a bearing, I get the same result.

Working with sheet metal or FrameMaker all work fine. My content center shows all the bolts, clevis pins and bearings. The content center seems to be working fine. I have read many posts about this issue but have not seen a resolution, and can't seem to figure it out myself. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using inventor 2011.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
PACDrafting
in reply to: kdlklm

You need to add a screen image for more information.

Send a picture of your settings when in bolted generator.

Message 3 of 24
mthomas

Not that I have a solution but just a quick post to say that we're experiencing the same problem. Our content center works without issue but when we use the bolted connection wizard we do not have access to all of the components. It's very frustrating!

We have logged this with Autodesk Tech Support and if we get a resolution I'll post the results

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 4 of 24
kdlklm
in reply to: mthomas

here is a screenshot of the bolted connection Wizard. I have made all the proper selections and the bolt doesn't show up.

Message 5 of 24
cbenner

The problem appears to me to be that you haven't selected any fasteners yet for the bolted connection.  There is nothing there to show.  Look to the right of the wizard screen where it says "Click To Add Fasteners".

I'd also suggest running the tutorial for this feature before you go too much further.  On the Get Started tab, Tutorials, Mechanical Design, Bolted Connections.

Message 6 of 24
b.graaf
in reply to: cbenner

I do'n't know if I have the exact same problem, but it looks simular:

In the bolted connection generator, the bolt and washer windows are empty. See attachment

I am using the Vault and the Content Center Libraries are also installed into the Vault.

"Place from content center" works with no problems and if I switch from "Vault server content center" to the desktop content center, than the bolted connection is also alright.

Perhaps the same problem, but till now, I have no solution for this....

One of our customers does have the same problem.

Best Regards,

Branko Graaf

Message 7 of 24
BillPIII

It's not as intuitive as it could be. Plus I don't like the less than obvious divide in the list when adding nuts and washers to the fastener.

Message 8 of 24
greghughes
in reply to: BillPIII

I am having the same problem, is there a solution to this? I am using 2011 with Vault

Cheers

Greg

Message 9 of 24
kyleivie

hello i have a similar issue that i have had for a couple versions of inventor now. it started with inventor 2009, now i have 2012 ultimate... this is very frustrating. i have the bolts and washers in place but when i apply the connection i end up with just one connection but it knows that i want 12... weird bug... help please.

Message 10 of 24
steve.west

I have a similar frustrating problem. Sometimes when I use bolted connection generator I only get the holes, no bolts, washers or nuts. I can see them in the browser, shown as visible, they appear on the preview, any additional holes are generated, but no fasteners. It's like a virus. It occurs on one assembly (and seems to transfer with that assembly to another computer), then propagates to another assembly.

Anybody else found this and possibly found a solution?

Message 11 of 24
kensor
in reply to: kyleivie

Just found this thread while looking for a solution to essentially your screenshot, although i only had 2 concentric references. I also had a drilled hole, that was working for both, but bolt/washer/nut missing on one. After finding no solutions, i tried a couple of things myself, and made it work by deselecting the hole that was working, clicking ok. this made the failure work. Then I edited the bolted connection and reselected the first hole, and both worked. This is the first time i have struck this problem (using Inventor Pro 2014), so dont know if this will work for anyone else, but worth a try.

Message 12 of 24
cbenner
in reply to: kensor

@kensor wrote:

Just found this thread while looking for a solution to essentially your screenshot, although i only had 2 concentric references. I also had a drilled hole, that was working for both, but bolt/washer/nut missing on one. After finding no solutions, i tried a couple of things myself, and made it work by deselecting the hole that was working, clicking ok. this made the failure work. Then I edited the bolted connection and reselected the first hole, and both worked. This is the first time i have struck this problem (using Inventor Pro 2014), so dont know if this will work for anyone else, but worth a try.

Welcome aboard Kensor!

Thanks for sharing.... you just never know when something that worked for you might end up being exactly what someone else was looking for.

Message 13 of 24
bluespider42

I'm having the same problem: if I select more than one concentric reference, the preview of the bolts is correct, but then when I click 'ok' only the first bolt is actually shown.

Message 14 of 24
kensor
in reply to: bluespider42

If you edit the bolted connection, deselect the one reference that is working, and click ok the rest should work correctly, then edit again, re-add the first hole, and click ok again.

I have noticed this problem seems to occur more when using a circular face (inside of hole) as a reference, rather than a hole edge, particularly with countersunk holes selecting the tapered face - not sure if thats just me though

Message 15 of 24
avinashs

Hi, 

I am new here, searched a little but didn't find what i was looking for in prev. posts so posting here.

Whenever I click on bolted connection, it just doesn not work no matter howmany times i click on it.

Please can some one help me setting up threaded bolted connection ??

screen shot is attached.

Inventor 2013, Win 7 pro

8 GB RAM, i7 Processor

Nvidia 540M graphics card

thank you guys

--

Avi

Message 16 of 24
steve.west
in reply to: avinashs

Hi Avi.

This is unlikely to be the cause, but worth mentioning as it caught me out a few times when I started using Inventor. 

I often use oversize holes in my bolted connections to allow for wide tolerances in fabricated assemblies. Sometimes, when selecting these existing holes, Inventor will try to select a non-standard thread size (say, M7 or M9) to suit the hole, while having no library parts available to suit, so you have to manually change the size to the stadard size required in the dialogue box before it will allow you to continue.

Message 17 of 24
jasperpuss

You sir, are a steely eyed missile man. Thanks.
Message 18 of 24
itzal02
in reply to: jasperpuss

I have the same issue, i tried kensor's solution but didn't worked. I hope you can fix this bug.

Message 19 of 24
fhansson925
in reply to: itzal02

You have to pick a valid diameter for the content to show up. If the text is marked in red then the diameter is invalid and therefore no content can fit the hole.

Message 20 of 24

Just by chance u havent solved it yet, encountered the same problem. Start with the assemble tab, Click the place from content center, then choose your desired bolt. Place your desired bolt on a hole that u have created, then click the bolted connection and it will transfer you to the bolted connection tab. Finally u can now add your washers and nuts. 

-EE, Manufacturing

Philippines

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report