Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connection with Frame Generator

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jrossco
570 Views, 3 Replies

Bolted Connection with Frame Generator

I've been trying to use bolted connection with Frame Generator. For instance, I bolt an angle to a beam. It works fine. However, I'd like to then use frame generator to change the beam or angle size. Is this possible? It seems I lose start or termination planes when I do this. Also, I'll be moving to 2009 where I belive frame generator will use content center parts. Correct? Any chance this will work then?
Thanks, Rosco
Inventor 2008 SP2
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mflayler2
in reply to: jrossco

When I attempt this and Manually solve for the change the termination plane and the start plane maintain but the location on the face goes haywire. Might just be the nature of the beast with Frame Generator here. Automatic solve did not remedy it either. Seems like it is rather difficult to program the generators to work with each other when they are trying to do so much all at once (replacing members so which face does it want now). In the end, that is why engineers use the software and not sales guys. I would follow a methodology of not putting any fasteners on the frame until you know the design of the members are good.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 4
jrossco

Thanks for the reply. I'm doing my bolted connection "on Point" using a work point at the highest assembly level. That work point is located at a point in a skeleton part. I'm tring to make a reusable skeleton model driven frame. I'm creating A-Frame supports of many different heights and would like to copy design to each frame. The member sizes change. I don't want to have to model with frame generator with the correct members and then add 60 to 100 bolted connections each time.
Rosco
Message 4 of 4
jrossco

I've been trying to get bolted connections (holes only)through frame generator members to remain in the correct location after frame generator is used to change the members size. Can anyone tell me if this is even possible?Thanks, Rosco. Inventor 2008 sp2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report