Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connection Templates disappeared

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jdavis417
334 Views, 6 Replies

Bolted Connection Templates disappeared

I've lost my Bolted Connection Templates... you know, the pre-defined bolt-washer-nut selections available for re-use at the bottom of the Bolted Connection dialoge box.

Did I lose or over-write a file?  What file do my Bolted Connection Templates live in?

Thanks,

John

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jletcher
in reply to: jdavis417

Please post version of Inventor...................... Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
jdavis417
in reply to: jletcher

Oh, it's 2012 !

(...not simulation... Design Suite?)

I was trying to think of what had changed recently and I DID have to delete my windows-user profile and re-create it to solve some "oddness" that Inventor was doing... could I have pathed myself away from my previously-customized file?

Thanks again,

John

Message 4 of 7
jletcher

Yes you could have you may want to check.

Message 5 of 7
jdavis417

...but I don't know what file to check for and where...?!

Message 6 of 7
jletcher

Who made the templates? And where was they placed. You could do a search for .xml files and look to see if you can find them. But if you don't know I would not they don't come pre loaded they are made and saved.

Message 7 of 7
jdavis417

I created the previous "templates"...

I made a new "test" template and (finally) found it here...

C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\DesignAccelerator\Templates\CABoltCon

I think I have a backup of my previous "templates", but will have to do it in my "spare time".

I'll try post back here if I find any exceptions or anything that might help others who may have to wipe-out their Windows Profile, as I did.

Thanks,

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report