Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connection Problem

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Vitornis
3587 Views, 11 Replies

Bolted Connection Problem

Im using the bolted connection tool and when i chose all of circluar reference and pick out my bolt and nut the tool will only draw one bolt and ignore all the other circular references.  It previews all the bolts just fine ut will only place a bolt in one of the circular references.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
zma1013
in reply to: Vitornis

As far as I know, you can only place one Bolted Connection at a time.  Would be nice to be able to place multiple instances of it.

IV2012

Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 @ 2.13 GHz
Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI 256MB Vram
2 GB Ram
160GB HDD
Message 3 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: zma1013

@zma1013 wrote:

As far as I know, you can only place one Bolted Connection at a time.  Would be nice to be able to place multiple instances of it.

Actually  if it is a pattern you can place multiple instances at once if you use Pattern Feature ( and checkmark the Follow Pattern box).

I just checked using Concentric reference and that worked on multiple holes at once in 2012.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 12
Vitornis
in reply to: JDMather

Well my problem has been that most of the time the concentric refernece works on multiple hole most of the time. But on some instances it wont and i haven't been able to figure out why it works sometime and other times it doesn't.

Message 5 of 12
Zypo88

This problem gave me headaches for a good month, and as usual with such things the answer is frustratingly simple.

If you select the face of the first hole using "Concentric" then it will only generate the first bolt, but if you select the edge of the first hole then all the rest should generate fine.  In my experience that is the only thing that effects bolt generation, doesn't matter if it's individual holes or a pattern.

Message 6 of 12
hanafym

Hi,

As a solution, after generating the "hidden bolted connection", go to its node in the model tree. Right click and choose "flexible"! Then the connection will jump on the screen.

Message 7 of 12
swhite

I guess if one has only a few bolts Bolted Connection might work, but if you have alot of them it will slow you down considerably. best bet is to make a bolt assembly library and insert them into your model as needed. Just make one for the largest grip size and they will work for anything within the grip range. Table ensures enough thread past nut with one washer and enough thread at smallest grip. personally I never use bolted connection as it bogs down inventor.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 8 of 12
LT.Rusty
in reply to: swhite

Odd that everyone's saying you can pattern bolted connections ... I just did about 12 of them, and the "follow pattern" checkbox is there when I'm using preexisting holes.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
Kubuz
in reply to: Zypo88

Thanks man, You saved me a few hours a week
Message 10 of 12
IB55
in reply to: hanafym

Message 11 of 12
IB55

Thank you so much. I would spend hours and hours without your advice.
Message 12 of 12
SF8906

This seems more like a bug than a feature. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report