Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connection extremely slow

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anthony
1167 Views, 3 Replies

Bolted Connection extremely slow

Adding of a single bolted connection using design accelerator is painfully slow, each command is taking up to 3 minutes, any ideas ? It's in Inventor 2012 by the way

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ladamczyk
in reply to: Anthony

I have the same problem. I am using Inventor 2012 64 bit edition Build: 190, Release: 2012 SP1 - Date Mon 08/08/2011 with Vault (build 16.0.56.200). When in Bolted Connection Component Generator I click to add fastener then Inventor will freeze for 4-6 min. Sometimes the content centre will come up and I can choose bolts, washers, nuts or it won’t come up at all, so you not only have to wait 6 min but then noting is happening, very frustrating. Something with the access to content center doesn’t seem right here. I know there is a patch that is addressing this issue but unfortunately it doesn’t work for 64 bit version:

Content Center Hotfix ts17309395.zip

In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, Autodesk has released this hotfix which provides an update to availability of Content Center elements when using bolted connections.

Can anyone help ?????

Message 3 of 4
Anthony
in reply to: ladamczyk

Thanks for the info. It seems to be getting slower and slower, like you say you have the same problem and when I try it now I'm looking at 5 minutes plus for it to execute the bolted connection and place the part in the assembly. I find this extremely poor of Autodesk not to have addressed this especially on a 64-bit version of Inventor, I tried the hotfix but as you stated it doesn't work on 64-bit, they need to sort this one out fast as at the moment the bolted connection is so painfully slow it's just not worh using.

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)
Message 4 of 4
wes
Explorer
in reply to: Anthony

Hi try this make sure faces and edges are not selected and instead use part prioity and bolts and nuts are quick when they are installed or edited.

Wes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report