Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connection Content

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
450 Views, 8 Replies

Bolted Connection Content

I've done a search of the forum but I can't find any similar issue.  We've recently updated to IV2014 with the latest updates installed.  My problem is that I can't access the custom libraries (AS bolts etc) when using the design accelerator.  I can use the standard libraries and I can access the custom content through the content centre.  My workmates can use the custom libraries in the design accelerator but I'm out in the cold.

I've checked that my directories in Application Options/File are correct but still no joy.  What other settings should I be checking?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Is the Custom Library showing up in your Projects and has it been migrated. (funny little icon, lower RH of the Projects, you need to select it and then click on it).

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 9
pcrawley

"AS" Standard content is the only library that is not installed by default by Inventor 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010...

Every year I beg Autodesk to add the tick in the box as a default option... 

Run the setup from the installation media - expand the "Content Center" section - put a tick in the "Inventor OTHER" box and hit OK.  Job done.

Call autodesk and beg for it to be ticked by default next year.

Peter
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pcrawley

Nope, still doesn't want to know.  I've checked that all my libraries are migrated, up to date and ticked.  Where do I tell design accelerator where to look for its libraries?

Message 5 of 9
pcrawley

Can you see "Inventor OTHER" ticked?

7-08-2013 4-39-40 p-m-.jpg

Peter
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

You mean like this? Yeah, this is the default for our setup.  Is there a way of checking where design accelerator is looking for its libraries? It would appear that it's a separate setting somewhere...

Message 7 of 9
pcrawley

Yep - that looks OK. But now I'm confused again. You mention in the OP (and Blair questioned it) that you can't find "custom libraries (AS bolts etc)". Do you mean "custom libraries" - or do you mean Standard AS bolts? If custom, then is the custom library shown in that list of libraries you supplied? ("My Library" perhaps?)

Can you use "Place from content center" and place AS Standard parts? If you can, then depending upon the size of the bolted connection, Inventor may be filtering the available fasteners for the conditions. Your connection may involve sizes aren't available AS content. Just a thought!

Peter
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Grrr... Turns out that there isn't such a thing as an M18 bolt in AS... IBCM (Idiot Between Chair & Monitor) error...

Message 9 of 9
pcrawley

Thanks for putting me out of my misery Smiley Happy  

If you can buy an M18, then just add it to the Content Center Family Table.  It's no harder than adding a row into a spreadsheet - providing you know what numbers to enter.  There are quite a few standard sizes available (especially steel sections) that aren't listed in the Standard Inventor AS library.

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report