Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolt Hole Pattern

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1851 Views, 3 Replies

Bolt Hole Pattern

I have used Inventor off and on for 10 years now.  I have never seen this.

In the hole window, under placement, you have a few options, one of which is the concentric option.  How much more difficult would it be to add a bolt hole pattern, on a specified B.C., using this as a base, seeing how most bolt hole patterns revolve around a pipe flange or something simular.  I know I could just make a sketch and do hole from sketch but something like this would be much quicker. It would also allow us to remove the occurrence that we do not need.

So it would be like Drawing a sketch, doing a hole, then using circular pattern, (if not done in the sketch). The issue i have noticed in doing it in the sketch is that a single occurrence cannot be removed.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mrattray
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't understand. Can you post an example?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 4
cbenner

I think I understand.  You'd like an option in the hole command to specify a bolt circle pattern.  It would ask for the number of holes, size of the holes and the BC diameter?  That would be very handy.  Are you familiar with the Inventor Idea Station?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/idb-p/v1232

Message 4 of 4
JDMather

Sounds like an excellent idea to me.

So ubiquitous in part design, especially tooling, makes you wonder why it isn't already there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report