Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolt connection in slot

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
745 Views, 16 Replies

Bolt connection in slot

Is there ne easy method of assembling the bolt in center of slot??KWiKInsertNFix is good for circular holes. ?? Or is my procedure wrong. Thx in advance! Rahul
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When I sketch the slot I put a construction circle in the slot and constrain to that.
Message was edited by: Laserman
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous

Create a Work Axis in the center of the slot and use a Axial Mate constraint. See attached. Mike "Rahul-INV9" wrote in message news:41a47cc3_3@newsprd01... > Is there ne easy method of assembling the bolt in center of > slot??KWiKInsertNFix is good for circular holes. ?? > > Or is my procedure wrong. > > Thx in advance! > > Rahul > >
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

Everything should be explained this way.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous

Credit should go to Kevin Schneider of Autodesk. He created this, when explaining how to do it, for me. Mike "Lester Martin" wrote in message news:41a4f071$1_1@newsprd01... > Everything should be explained this way. > >
Message 6 of 17
ArtC

Use tangent between bolt and side of slot. Off set by 1/2 clearance. this way the bolt can slid in the slot.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

That's a neat animated GIF you've made there. How did you do this? "Mike Maenpaa" wrote in message news:41a4f2e1$1_1@newsprd01... > Credit should go to Kevin Schneider of Autodesk. He created this, when > explaining how to do it, for me. > > Mike > > "Lester Martin" wrote in message > news:41a4f071$1_1@newsprd01... > > Everything should be explained this way. > > > > > >
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

I didn't create it, Kevin did. I'm not sure what software he used. You can record using Camtasia Studio http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/tour/record.asp , I don't know if you can save as animated GIF with it. Do a search on the internet for animated GIF and I'm sure you'll find a bunch of tools. I have Pains Shop Pro and it can convert an AVI to animated GIF. Mike "Gary Cook" wrote in message news:41a610d1_3@newsprd01... > That's a neat animated GIF you've made there. How did you do this? > > "Mike Maenpaa" wrote in > message news:41a4f2e1$1_1@newsprd01... > > Credit should go to Kevin Schneider of Autodesk. He created this, when > > explaining how to do it, for me. > > > > Mike > > > > "Lester Martin" wrote in message > > news:41a4f071$1_1@newsprd01... > > > Everything should be explained this way. > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 9 of 17
robert.rhea

I know this was posted more than 3 years ago, but this doesn't seem to work the same as it use to. After selecting "Work Axis" and right-clicking and picking "work plane" and choosing the point as in the .gif image, "work plane" is not a choice when right clicking the second time. For me, only "work point" and "work axis" appear. Has this changed or am I just doing it wrong? HELP!!!

Thanks,
Bob
Message 10 of 17
dan_inv09

Did you create the first plane?
If you watch closely, he picks the edge of the slot before the midpoint of that edge to create a plane perpendicular to the edge at its midpoint. Then you should be able to define the second plane.
Message 11 of 17
robert.rhea

Thanks Dan,

I did not realize that he was actually picking the edge before he picked the midpoint. I went ahead and created two planes first. But the way he did it is much quicker.

Thanks again,
Bob
Message 12 of 17
dan_inv09

Having the two separate planes can be useful. (Although they are still there, you just have to expand the axis in your browser.) I like to rename them so that they're easy to find and use in constraints (like if you don't actually model it with the center of the slot on the hole you put the bolt in).
Message 13 of 17
pkquat

I'll tack on my process and the wishlist.

I have an iPunch that is a slot that can be placed on a centerpoint, making switching between holes and slots easy. (To place the slot I need to convert to sheetmetal and then back again). I make this sketch visible and then create the axis by choosing a perpendicular plane and the visible sketch point. If you create the slot in the modeling environment, you can create a midpoint buy drawing a line between the two end circles and placing a sketch point on the midpoint.

I really wish one could include work axis in iFeatures, or they would make the iPunch available in the Modeling Environment, Or better yet include a slot / iFeature tool that includes an axis or insert mate type feature and will feed the information directly into the idw for "Punch Tool Tables" or slot size information from a leader.

Pete
Message 14 of 17
mhalkovic

Does this still exist? I dont see any attachment.

Message 15 of 17
mdavis22569
in reply to: pkquat

2 work planes ..... simple ..

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 16 of 17
dan_inv09
in reply to: mdavis22569

Where did the video go though?

I'm trying to remember what it was - I think it was just an axis: start work axis, right click - create plane, pick the two sides of the slot, right click - create plane, pick the edge of one of the sides and the mid point of one of the edges of one of the sides.

(or you could do the planes in the other order - also mid point then edge, whatever)

Message 17 of 17

@dan_inv09 wrote:

Where did the video go though?

I think this is the missing video.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report