Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bodies with no mass

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
686 Views, 3 Replies

Bodies with no mass

Hello all,

I have been extruding bodies around parts, then using their verticies for the frame generator (to guard around complex machinery.

I then suppress the body and am left with the guard frame.

when i go to get the mass for the part, it includes the volume of the solid body which was used to give the outline.

how can i turn the material property to zero density?

Thanks,

BANGER, Joe

Registered Number 249932

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Create a new material with a zero density and use it for your items. I can't remeber if IV will allow a zero denisty. If not then create one with 0.00000000000001 or the smallest value it will allow. I can't recall if changing to a Phantom or reference in the BOM will affect Mass & C/G

Have you tried using Work-Planes around your parts and then using them for the F-G

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Extrude as Surface Bodies.

or model solid (if you need it) and then Derive Component as surface body for use in creating the frame.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: JDMather

Hi

You can extrude the bodies as a surface. You can pick that in the "output" options.

When you doesnt need that surfaces anymore, simply turn off the surface's visibility.

Regards.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report