Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry Sketch Dimensions

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
rhasell
1658 Views, 12 Replies

Blurry Sketch Dimensions

Hi

I have just installed PDS2015 Update 1 and I discovered that all my sketch dimensions are now blurry.

I have tried the following:

• Changed Anotation scale, bigger and smaller.
  • Changed the Font
  • Changed my display settings from Performance to Conservative.

When I set my display to Quality, it got even worse, the lines get blurred as well.

• Untested step - Remove the Update.

Everything else appears to be normal, Drawings and models.

blurry Dimensions.JPG

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
inchul.lee
in reply to: rhasell

Hello Reg,

Thanks very much for reporting this issue.

The update includes some imporvements in dimension and one of them is below. It appears that this improvement is affecting the text visibility as you pointed out.

1368-705: When the background color is changed, it becomes difficult to see the dimension text

I'll have this reviewed by Inventor team and share updates here.

Thank you.

Inchul Lee
Message 3 of 13
rhasell
in reply to: inchul.lee

Thank you

I have removed the Update for now.

Reg
Message 4 of 13
kuba
in reply to: inchul.lee

Hello,

I installed Service Pack 1 for Inventor 2015 and the problem with blurry sketch dimensions continues:

Rozmazané kóty 2.jpgRozmazané kóty 5.jpgRozmazané kóty 1.jpg

Karel
Autodesk PDS Ultimate 2015 SP 1 Build 203
Intel Core i7-4790 / 3.60 GHz

RAM 32 GB

Nvidia Quadro 600

Win7 x64 Professional

Message 5 of 13
JDMather
in reply to: kuba

I set my text height larger for easier reading.

Tools>Application Options> General tab increase Annotation Scale.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 13
kuba
in reply to: JDMather

Hello,

I set default annotation scale to 1. With this setting in Inventor 2010 sketch dimensions were thin and legible. But now, after upgrading to newer Inventor 2015 sketch dimensions are blurred. When you set the annotation scale to higher values​​, the dimensions are larger, but still blurry.

Karel
Autodesk PDS Ultimate 2015 SP 1 Build 203
Intel Core i7-4790 / 3.60 GHz

RAM 32 GB

Nvidia Quadro 600

Win7 x64 Professional

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

Was there ever a fix for this? I'm using Inventor 2016 and the annotation text does not render very crisp.
Message 8 of 13
rhasell
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

Honestly, it was one of those things that just quietly went away.

It is heaps better, but I don't think it will ever be as crisp as in the earlier releases, I personally am not inconvenienced by it anymore.

Do you have all the Service packs and display drivers loaded?

If all else fails increase your Annotation scale slightly. That what I did to get around the initial problem.

Reg
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

Thanks!

I have the latest recommended drivers for my Quadro K2000 but no service packs for Inventor. The company I work for needs to test and verify all releases before rolling them out to the workstations,  we are this far behind because of that but I might just sneak in an update anyway.

I tried to up the size and change fonts but it's already to big for my taste. This is really tiresome for the eyes.

Is this a problem for everybody or is it hardware and driver related? It looks fine on my Macbook at home but it uses a retina so it might just be that the blur is too small to see.

Well, I'll wait for it to quietly go away then 😉

Message 10 of 13
rhasell

Hi

I would advise installing the service packs, if anything, they fix any issues that arise with an initial release. (There always are)

I understand the issues with large companies, Many years ago, I was the one testing all patches and fixes that came in from the various vendors. I am sure you can fast track the updates, or better yet, just get the IT department to give you GOD rights.

Have a look here for starters

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads

Good luck.

Reg
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

I can almost do anything in our system but not at GOD level. I can certainly update and patch if I wanted to which I'm also going to do. I'll update the thread if anything changes. Thanks!
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

how do you remove an update?

Message 13 of 13
SBix26

@Anonymous

What update?  If you're referring to an Inventor update, go to Control Panel > Programs & Features > Installed Updates.  If you're referring to some other update, be more specific.

In general, a question like this would probably be best suited to the Installation & Licensing Forum.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2019.0.0 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report