Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
vernehmlassung
Message 1 of 6 (174 Views)

Blurring text

174 Views, 5 Replies
11-21-2013 07:30 AM
So I have a text embossed on a surface. I want to blur this text meaning, that there are no sharp edges of the embossed text anymore but a more fluent connection. Basically what curvature does(Press F). But curvature tries to find the same radius for every part of the embossed text and cannot find a common denominator for radius. In other words like a greyscale depth map with white text on black background becomes more one with the background by blurring it in 2D and therefore bringing top and bottom of the embossed text together. See picture.
Active Contributor
vernehmlassung
Message 2 of 6 (168 Views)

Betreff: Blurring text

11-21-2013 07:33 AM in reply to: vernehmlassung
*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 3 of 6 (138 Views)

11-21-2013 09:48 AM in reply to: vernehmlassung

Have you tried just adding chamfers or fillets to the text edges?

How much text are we talking?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Active Contributor
vernehmlassung
Message 4 of 6 (124 Views)

11-21-2013 11:44 AM in reply to: Cadmanto
That's exactly what I tried. I've the german version so the translation is different. Just try it with smaller text and you'll never find a suitable radius.
*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 5 of 6 (114 Views)

11-21-2013 01:17 PM in reply to: vernehmlassung

Can you use "extrude with taper" instead of emboss?

Or maybe "decal"

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Down with IDW/DWG files..... Long live 3D PMI... Hurry it up already..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 6 of 6 (94 Views)

11-21-2013 05:38 PM in reply to: vernehmlassung

I don't understand why the German version would be different, but I will take your word for it.

While I am not much of an iLogic guru, when it comes to odd things like this with no visible solution, makes me wonder if iLogic would work to give you the desired results.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.