Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blank ribbon & no text in Inventor screen

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
PENengr
2881 Views, 11 Replies

blank ribbon & no text in Inventor screen

After 2nd "clean install" we have no ribbon graphics or menu text on an otherwise recognizable Inventor screen.  This is true with the standard user as well as the Admin.  Phone consultation with our Autodesk vendor has not produced anything.  Do you have any ideas on this?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: PENengr

What are the specs on your system - especially graphics? See this link for information that is needed to help.

http://teknigroup.com/support/Inventor/Howto.html

Standard Installation - Specific Instructions:

http://teknigroup.com/support/InstallAdsksoftware.html

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 12
Dennis_Jeffrey

Just a thought...

Post a screen shot if possible. Does it lool like this??

000091.PNG

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 4 of 12
PENengr
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

Attached is a screen shot. 

Computer specs:

Intel Core2 Quad

Q9450 @2.66GHz

2.66 GHz, 3.25 GB RAM

video card = NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700

blankscrnshot.jpg

Thanks, Greg

Message 5 of 12
Dennis_Jeffrey

Have you updated your graphics card driver?

Have you changed fonts in Application Options >> General tab? (Should be Tahoma 8 Pt by default)

000102.PNG

Have you deleted any fonts?

Message 6 of 12
davegratto

I just got done working with one of my users that has this same issue. I found that if you delete the file C:\Documents and Settings\USER_LOGIN\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Inventor 2010\RibbonUICustomization.xml. that the ribbon has the text back. Deleting the file is only a check and a work-around. The file "RibbonUICustomization.xml" is recreated on exit from the application. To resolve the issue I had to recreate the user's Windows profile, it has solved this issue on our system. I guess there is some corruption between the user's profile (registry SID) and the application. Don't know, just know what has worked for me.

Message 7 of 12
justmanson

I'm having the same issue.  Tried the above fix, but still no dice.

I am running the latest graphic drivers for my radeon 1650

i have not removed any fonts or anything else.  

I have cleared the Ribbon file from all of the profile users and from the registry.

Any other suggestions?

Message 8 of 12
rdyson
in reply to: justmanson

Without re-reading the entire thread, have you tried switching from the Ribbon to the Classic UI and back? Maybe close IV in between UI's.

PDSU 2016
Message 9 of 12
justmanson

no i haven't tried that.  I'm not sure where to even go to do that... since i can't see anything.

Message 10 of 12
BMiller63
in reply to: justmanson

@ustmanson wrote:

no i haven't tried that.  I'm not sure where to even go to do that... since i can't see anything.

Applicaton Options > Colors tab > Interface Style

Message 11 of 12
Rhea_Kelly1
in reply to: BMiller63

BMiller's solution is what solved the same problem (be it in AutoCAD) for a client of ours. Need to set the default to classic view.

Message 12 of 12
justmanson
in reply to: Rhea_Kelly1

I had the issue on another computer and this did resolve it, but it still didn't on the original computer.  I ended up doing a reimage which took a long time using ghost to resolve it.  I hope i don't have to go that route again.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report