Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bevel Gears with straight teeth

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
garylynn
761 Views, 4 Replies

Bevel Gears with straight teeth

Is it possible, using Design Accelerator to have Bevel Gears with straight teeth?  I've tried every combo I can think of, and they are always curved teeth.  Gears are not my most knowledgeable subject.  I usually have the engineers produce the specs, & I get to draw them - they are not happy with the pictorial results.

Inventor Product Design Suite Premium 2013

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: garylynn

Or just create another gear on the side of the gear with the beveled teeth and project the side profile and extrude to get a straight gear.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
garylynn

I think I've figured it out.

Message 4 of 5
Talayoe

Would you mind sharing the answer? I have pondered this too... The higherarchy here does not like the said pictoral results of a helical gear either.

tks!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 5 of 5
garylynn
in reply to: Talayoe

By setting the Helix angle to 0 degrees - accepting the error messages that pop up & continue.  The gears/teeth are generated & seem pictorially satisfactory.  I wouldn't pass it on to a CNC without lots of notes, though.  I was trying to put the pitch angle as the helix angle & that's what screwed me up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report