Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

better video card, cpu for ease of large assembly manipulations

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
eluoci
329 Views, 1 Reply

better video card, cpu for ease of large assembly manipulations

Hi, would getting better graphics card better performance in large asseblies? or inventor is more cpu depended in that regard. I am trying to find the limits of the inventor and my hardwere  I have 1000ish its. around 200Mb in total size. takes up 10Gb when loaded and I get about 1 "fps" or slower when i pan or rotate the view. and it reacts even slower when i try to move constrained parts around. Its really hard to work with when it gets around 400parts. i have some expiriece in 3dsMax and its not that bad with big stuff is it something that has to be taken "as is" when working in Inventor. there alot said in regards that inventor doesnt need as powerfull machine and can pretty much on any thing and as not demanding( when comparing to max) but it seem to me that its not so. Do any of you guys have some powerfull worstation 24 core multiple GPUs etc. do they worth it for in terms of workspeed. I guess would this be enough of an excuse to get Nvidia Titan? i currently have i7 4770k 32 Gb RAM, Radeon R9 280.

Best Regards

Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blair
in reply to: eluoci

If you are modeling IPT's, Inventor can only use a single core at a time as it can only build the part working down the model tree. It can't work on features the are dependant of feature higher up on the model tree (you can't process a hole until you've processed the base feature that contains the hole). Multi CPU's only work in the IDW, FEA and Studio environment (I believe they are also utilized in the IAM as well).

I'm currently waiting for stock to arrive for the GTX980 Classified to replace my GTX 690.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report