Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to Render models

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
warrentdo
1401 Views, 4 Replies

Best way to Render models

Hello All.

Well now that I have the Autodesk® Product Design Suite Ultimate 2012

I was wondering what is the best way to get some really nice renders out of our inventor stuff?

I've been using studio for a while but now we have a bag full of software and HULA.

Is studio the best way or is it worth looking at showcase or alias?

I do like the HDR scenes but I'm struggling getting new ones into inventor.

What do we all think?

Regards

Warren.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: warrentdo

i would definetly try showcase first because it so much easier to use than alias/max design

if showcase doesn't do what you want then you are going to have to learn the other 2 programs

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Ahatz
in reply to: DarrenP

Showcase is the way to go....Example attached

Message 4 of 5
warrentdo
in reply to: Ahatz

Thanks to the both of you.

Looks like showcase it is looking at your attachement.

I just hope that I can get some nice HDRs.

Cheers

Warren.

Message 5 of 5
WORKSTATIONresearch
in reply to: Ahatz

Can anyone please provide the graphics card manufacturer and card model you are using with Showcase?  Please state the complexity of any models you've rendered.  There is no experience with render yet, but there will be a need to use it, and the workstation where the project will be completed will also need to import into Showcase the Inventor files.  This project will have upwards of 10,000 parts when complete.

A visit to the Autodesk websites describing Showcase seems to indicate that journeying through the model might be possible with this software.  Does anyone have any experience with that aspect of using Showcase?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report