Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to create a laser line

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Funky_Moose
733 Views, 1 Reply

Best way to create a laser line

At my company we do a lot of 3D vision using calibrated camera lasers. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best way to generate a simulated laser line across multiple components in an assembly.  Ideally the laser light would stop on the first object it intersects with while alowing the other parts of the beam to continue on around it.

At the moment I model laser lines using an adaptive part that is a triangle shaped plane with minimal thickness. I project the objects that I think it currently intercepts and cut the plane object to size. I then remove everything but the leading slither of the beam so I'm left with a small band that wraps along the faces of the parts the laser line should be on.

This is quite an intesive process and doesn't update if parts move in and out of the beam area.  Can anyone suggest a better way to model the laser line? I don't need to be able to see the beam. I just need to see the line drawn by the laser.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
yannick3
in reply to: Funky_Moose

Hi

If you want to make laser line in assembly there are no quick solution but if you derive your assembly in part and create 3d sketch, you can use ''project to surface command''

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report